2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️

Got the energy dashboard up and running (though I had to make some sensors to get it going as a lot of mine didn’t appear to be supported) One thing I’d like to see is the option to add a standing charge to the daily cost - in the UK this is how pretty much all tariffs operate - there is a flat daily charge and then the price per kwh.
It would also be much better if I could use the utility meter I have set up for grid usage.
Edit: After a reboot my utility meter entities have just randomly appeared as selectable - not sure why but at least that’s working now.

5 Likes

Same here, would be helpful

1 Like

Really like the update, I also got the Energy Dashboard up and running and it looks very good!! One thing I would love to see in the future is Solar System battery support. If that would be incorporated in the Energy Distrbution card and also in the calculations, that would be awesome…!

1 Like

Should zigbee sockets with a power meter (like TS0121) appear on the new Energy dashboard? I can only add wifi sockets.

The EV Easee charger integration (HACS) doesn’t work anymore

This update has broken my HomeKit which has stopped working. I unpaired it, deleted the config and re added to re pair but it is not showing in Home app to pair.

1 Like

Yes I would think so.
What bugs me the most is I lose all my history…
Are your Utility Meters renamed too?

Yes, I had the same issues.

Damn, you are right. Just controlled the homekit app and can confirm so far.

That’s weird; I am running 30 utility meters (10 real meters and then an utility meter for daily, monthly and yearly statistics) and they all appear to be fine.

Here is what happened:

Example Config:
utility_meter:
power_server_monthly:
name: Server Strom Monatlich
source: sensor.tasmota2_energy_today
cycle: monthly

Before the Sensor name was: sensor.power_server_monthly

Now it ist: sensor.Server.Strom.Monatlich

what is the normal behaviour?

1 Like

I am using the official Toon integration, the new power management system does not recognize the original Toon entities.

Default Toon entity names:

sensor.current_power_usage
sensor.energy_usage_today
sensor.energy_cost_today

That would be correct, you need the feed IN & OUT sensors provided by the Toon integration. (Maybe those entities are disabled?)

I found a solution:

When I remove the “name” tag in the config, my old Values are here again and the sensor have the old names like this:

solar_daily:
source: sensor.stromerzeugung
name: Solar Täglich <-----------REMOVE THIS
cycle: daily

Yes got it, Thnx!!!

Do you have any idea when you add support for template sensor in new energy dashboard? Next version of this release or it wilk be in next release?

Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere. Total newbie here and just finding my bearings.

There was an issue reported with ghost hue_event entries in the log with Hue switches triggering automation by itself after first initial trigger. As per (Hue switches triggering automation by itself after first initial trigger · Issue #53177 · home-assistant/core · GitHub), this was supposed to have been fixed in 2021.8 release. I wanted to know if it has been fixed as I couldn’t find anything in the changelog.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Try reinterviewing the device if you haven’t already.

Thank you. I did try that. Nothing.

I may be wrong but I had the impression that when they added the state_class attribute to Template Sensor, that was to permit use with the energy integration.

Only the new ‘modern’ style of defining a Template Sensor supports the state_class option, not the ‘legacy’ style.