2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️

Hi,
I just updated to 2021.8.0 and I get this error and cannot reboot. Anyone can tell what I have to look for?

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: helpers/check_config.py:225
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:58:22 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:47:25

[547414341712] '<' not supported between instances of 'SensorEntityDescription' and 'SensorEntityDescription'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 185, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1491, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1526, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/__init__.py", line 522, in async_handle_core_service
    errors = await conf_util.async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 908, in async_check_ha_config_file
    res = await check_config.async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 225, in async_check_ha_config_file
    p_validated = platform_schema(p_validated)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 386, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 215, in _run
    return self._exec(self._compiled, value, path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 339, in _exec
    v = func(path, v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 635, in validate_sequence
    cval = validate(index_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 741, in __call__
    'value must be one of {}'.format(sorted(self.container)))
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'SensorEntityDescription' and 'SensorEntityDescription'

2 Likes

ok, found the source to my error.
I had defined panel_iframe and of course the name of the panel WAS “energy” :slight_smile:

@frenck Is there any documentation on how to configure the cost per kWh? In the part of the US, I live my costs change depending on the month. So I am not sure how I can set this up.

3 Likes

anyone uses the energy thing with p1mon that works? :slight_smile:

I’m guessing it will be fixed shortly. Probably a slight bug with enumeration of thermostats in the list.

Can the UI folks perhaps consider the ability to change/add columns, say in the Devices/Entities lists in Config? It would be helpful to see things like Node ID.

Alarm Decoder binary sensors stop working after upgrade to 2021.8.0. State changes are not detected. Tried deleting and adding zones back, but still no luck. Alarm Panel shows that it is connected (shield with green check). Downgrading to 2021.7.4 resolved behavior with binary sensors, state changes are recognized again and automations work.

1 Like

OMG, I just installed a Shelly 3EM last weekend! Score!

3 Likes

And I’ve been waiting for the siren integration for a while. Excellent work on this release!

Please, give the opportunity to set the approximate consumption of light.

The Energy is a very nice feature together with long-term statistics. Would it be possible to add Gas and/or water usage to the long-term statistics?

3 Likes

Turning off IPv6 on the host (in my case Synology DS) fixed the issue.

Changing template format to new style is not the solution:

template:

• sensor:
    • name: “PV Energia send”
      state: “{{(states(‘sensor.shelly_pv_channel_a_power’)|float + states(‘sensor.shelly_pv_channel_b_power’)|float + states(‘sensor.shelly_pv_channel_c_power’)|float) | round(0)}}”
      unit_of_measurement: “W”
      state_class: measurement
2 Likes

This is really weird decision because sensor data is not 100% ready for UI. In most cases I use template to postprocess data from sensors - read CSV bulk data and parse it into separate values in template. Does support for templates is in nearest roadmap?

IMHO functionality like DB cleanup and data aggregation for long term storage should be part of the core functionality. Aggregation per hour is good, but what about daily, monthly and yearly aggregation? Would it be possible to setup attribute to indicate frequency of aggregation? For example attribute like {hours=24, days=5,month=1} will indicate HA to store sensor values for 24 hour, hourly values for last 5 days, daily value for current month, all monthly values.

Some thoughts was published here - Anyone interested in a reports for Utility Meter? ...or maybe historical sensor value? - #11 by palivoda

4 Likes

Good effort. @frenck and team for the wonderful release.

Same here.

I agree, long term data storage should be part of the core functionality. That is why I am exited about this update, it seems like we are headed in that direction.

I did not enter a Header Name for my energy integration and now it looks like this
and I cannot change it. Somebody knows how to change?

Hey everyone,
I ran “Check Home Assistant configuration” before updating from 2021.7.4 to 2021.8.1.
It gives me the following error and I cant find any reference to it:

[12:08:14] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2021.8.1
[12:08:14] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[12:08:14] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[12:11:20] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[12:11:20] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
grep: write error: Broken pipe
ERROR:homeassistant.config:Invalid config for [automation]: Integration 'zha' not found (See ?, line ?). 
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 84, in async_get_device_automation_platform
    integration = await async_get_integration_with_requirements(hass, domain)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 76, in async_get_integration_with_requirements
    raise IntegrationNotFound(domain)
homeassistant.loader.IntegrationNotFound: Integration 'zha' not found.
The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 104, in _try_async_validate_config_item
    config = await async_validate_config_item(hass, config, full_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 72, in async_validate_config_item
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting

What do I do? should I upgrade or wait for a fix?

This issue disappeared. Presumably a caching issue.