2022.12: It does matter!

Hi
did you update the Apexcharts card to version 2.0.2?

Armin

you dont have, or dont use a web browser on desktop. If you have, itā€™s easy enough, load the address and login. You are supposed to do a little research yourself, otherwise we canā€™t help you really

Oh, havenā€™t noticed, that this is an option per entity itselfā€¦ unfortunately, itā€™s only available as yaml option, not within the UI settingsā€¦ :frowning: (within the UI you can only set the state color for all entities in the card)

Switch to yaml, add the option, then switch backā€¦

didnt spot the issue before, but here it is for the thermostats, Ive added my bit

haha, thatā€™s hardly a smooth operation. works for now, but the request is solid in that case.
@CChris I wasnt aware of that, using yaml mode on most dashboards myself, sorry for that

I never said it was smooth, Iā€™m just explaining how to set options that arenā€™t in the GUI. You donā€™t need the GUI, itā€™s there for all the ā€˜standardā€™ options. The yaml persists, so you can add whatever you want via yaml and switch back to the UI.

sure, understood.

no matter all of that, setting state_color: true as default would take out a lot of effort and silly identical lines all over.

and (not) counting (the yaml anchors):

Hmm. TBH not getting you analogy.
You did mention schedule helper, when I said scheduler. To different words.
You did mention weekly schedule, when itā€™s obvious a scheduler must not be limited to that might help with scheduling longer periods.
BTW new local calendar should replace schedule helper since both have the same use-case while the latter has extended features.

Not going to argue after one or another. Just confirming that the proposed name (calendar) is not distinct enough while feature-wise itā€™s not comparable to calendars in their common meaning.

hmā€¦ speaking of ā€œcolorizationā€ and the future road of the UI designā€¦ I donā€™t know, why design topics were not tested for their usabilityā€¦

Thatā€™s ok:
grafik

Thatā€™s somehow stupid:
grafik

Thatā€™s OKishā€¦ but you canā€™t really see the nice ā€œslider highlightā€
grafik

Thatā€™s even worse than black on ā€œdarkā€
grafik

One small recommendation:
Just remove white and black color options :wink:

1 Like

Brilliant, Thanks a lot, upgraded Apex under Hacks to version 2.0.2 and now it works.
I should have known that, but sometimes HA is like as complex as any enterprise ERP :slight_smile:

since this is not about ā€˜dislike colorsā€™ Iā€™ll post here.
contrary to most other new vars, I can not set

state-update-color: '#f44336' #red

and have an update (binary with device_class: update being on) show red, it remains the nicer amber color in the default scheme. I feel an update should be an alerting color, and like to give it more punch so customize it.

doesnt stick thoughā€¦

still seems to inherit paper-item-icon-active-color??

default:

theme loaded:

so my theme is already better than the default, but, it should show red if it used the state-update-colorā€¦ (sorry mistake, this is not an update entity, but a binary with device_class: update)

Is someone else having issues connecting via wifi after installing this update?

I use a network cable and a raspberry pi, but i used to have a wifi connection to my solar inverter.

When i try to enable the wifi connection again, i now get this:

I havenā€™t made any other changes to my config.

I think we have different definitions for those words. Mine line up with the terms HA uses, but that might be different for others.

A calendar is something that is tied to concrete days, weeks, months, ā€¦ so has a concrete date since that is what a calendar represents.

A schedule is basically a time table so not tied to a date to represent a (weekly) reoccurring schedule.

would adding something like ā€˜birthdayā€™ be possible (in the near future)? I tried to create a calendar with all birthdays, but had to set all day events, and most importantly, pick a year :wink: thatā€™s a bit odd for a recurring event like that

HA default is green for active found update domain entity or a lighter blue (not distinct enough in my opinion) if it is a binary_sensor with device class update as you can see here: Home Assistant Design.

So not sure why your default is different.

That is already possible. You can select yearly recurrence?

why would those 2 you mention not both use the same color scheme? update available in both cases?

yeah sure I did. But thats not the same as a birthday.

the difference is clear when you check a google calendar, where you set an annually repeated event, or check the date of birth of the people in your calendar

Not sure. I was not the one who decided on those colors :wink: . I assume the thinking was to keep all binary_sensor consistent with blue and red, but that is just a guess on my end.