2022.12: It does matter!

Is it possible to revert the “unlocked” state of a lock to what it was in the previous build of HA? If so, any pointers on how?

While I like the red of the locked state, what I care about more is a quick visual indicator of the unlocked state. Unlocked used to be yellow, so I could glance at an entities card and see which ones were unlocked. Now all of the unlocked entities have the same color as the other non lock entities, which makes it blend in as not an issue. While red makes sense for locked, the unlocked state needs a different color as well from the other entities on screen.

It looks like I set the the default colors, but I just want to change the unlocked state to something that stands out more in my dashboard like it was previously. Is this possible?

I added

styles:
  '--ha-card-box-shadow': none
  '--ha-card-border-color': rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0)
  '--chip-border-color': rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0)
  '--chip-box-shadow': none
  '--rgb-state-lock-locked-color': var(--rgb-green-color)

to the top of my card definition and it gets rid of the borders and sets the color of lock no problem. Seems pretty easy to me to set the desired colors.

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 07.54.57 AM

State-color for climate entities, in previous build, was working perfectly like this:

Now, it always shows “heating” state.

and I liked previous “yellow” color state more, doesnt matter if it was binnary_sensor, Humidifier or light. For me, It was making dashboard look more “simple design” and not color blinded…

5 Likes

I think that previously it set color based on hvac_action attribute and not entity state. Now in both modes it has the same color (depending on state).

4 Likes

I like a small part of the color changes but have a lot problems with another.

No chance for me to see the difference between open and closed.

Another problem for me: both states looks the same to me.

4 Likes

Yes, thats it. Maybe it’s something to do with climate entities based on MQTT, or other integrations because i remember, when using directly ZHA with zigbee termostats, climate entity was showing just “idle” or “off” without “(heat)”

I’ve checked state history and it had the heat state already before the upgrade. So I don’t think anything has changed here. That would also be a breaking change as such and usually is properly described in the release notes. I have various types of climate entities: zigbee, zwave, knx and vicare. And it is the integration that defines which hvac_mode is available for the specific device.

any idea as to why Nabu Casa remote UI is no longer working? I no longer see the “cloud” option in the HA settings. I have added cloud: to my yaml config file but still no solution.

I see the following notification error in HA after I upgraded:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:202
First occurred: 10:24:17 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:24:17

Setup failed for default_config: (DependencyError(...), 'Could not setup dependencies: cloud')

Is it planned to add notifications to the local calender? I feel a calendar without that is rather limited in use. You need reminders.
And manually creating them with automations kills the benefit of a local one. Too much hassle.

And in a much later state, would it be possible to display time remaining for reminders? So people see when the next maintenance is due?

I’m getting “Editor disabled because config stored in configuration.yaml.” when trying to set the country and everything is disabled. I’ve had a look in configuration.yaml but I’m not sure which value to remove. Can anyone confirm please?

Let’s start with the positive:
I’ve been involved in several discussions on dashboard design for industrial control systems.
The idea of trying to reduce colors in order to have the deviations pop out is good.
At least that’s what I think the new colors are meant to do.
However, I noticed that ‘unavailable’ and ‘clear’/‘off’/‘closed’ have the same color.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 170842

That’s a bit counter-intuitive, since this doesn’t draw attention to the unavailability.
I don’t mind tinkering. Just don’t know where/how to do that for this specific case.

Help is definitely appreciated.

11 Likes

you shouldn’t remove anything but Add it to your confirmation.yaml.

homeassistant:
  latitude: !secret latitude
  longitude: !secret longitude
  elevation: !secret elevation
  unit_system: metric # <-- no secret
  time_zone: !secret time_zone
homeassistant:
  name: Home
  latitude:  !secret glob__ha_position_latutude
  longitude: !secret glob__ha_position_longitude
  elevation: !secret glob__ha_position_elevation
  unit_system: metric
  temperature_unit: C
  currency: RUB
  time_zone: Europe/Moscow
  language: en

Someone created the issue:

Cool !
I should have searched a bit more, it seems. :slight_smile:
Thanks for that.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

When a Windows user updates a system and it breaks, its Microsoft’s fault.
Whether its a home user or a multi-million dollar company, its the fault of the developer.

When a Linux user updates a system and it breaks, its the user’s fault for not reading “breaking changes” in the changelog.

This is one place linux based devs maintain to have their head… in the wrong place –
Linux will never become mainstream keeping this mentality.

9 Likes

HA isn’t trying to become a google calendar alternative. The reason a local calendar is important is because people have been asking for years for an easy GUI way to make a schedule for lights, thermostats, blinds, etc. A calendar is perfect for that. Make a calendar for “my lights” and add events when you want the light to turn on. Or for thermostat, make a “heat/cool schedule” calendar, add events and put target temp/mode in details/title. Then create an automation that adjusts things based on these events.

But there really wasn’t an easy local calendar option, you kind of had to make the calendar for your lights or whatnot in google. That obviously didn’t set well with people in a local-first platform. So now there’s a local calendar option so you can make that schedule right in HA without relying on cloud services.

If you truly want to use HA as your primary personal calendar I suppose it can support that now. And you’re welcome to submit #feature-requests for enhancements one would expect from a full-fledged personal calendar tool (like customized reminder notification options). But that really wasn’t the drive behind this feature and it seems unlikely to be the direction HA wants to go in. Still you can absolutely add notifications with automations and blueprints if you want.

4 Likes

My vote would go to SSHFS. I’m removing all my Samba drives and replacing it with sshfs. Definitely if we are talking between two linux based system, which probably your NAS is too.

Hydrawise integration doesn’t works, all the related devices and entities gone:

Give it back, please!

I think making color changes part of the “core setup” is a good idea, hopefully customizing the cards with colours and such could also be made easier and a bit more intuitive in the future.