2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

No, I’m saying include the logic in your original template… my god dude, relax.

Same here, –daemon and –pid-file are unrecognized, we need help :sob:

(homeassistant) daniel@xyz:/srv/homeassistant$ hass -v --config /home/daniel/.homeassistant --pid-file /var/run/hass/hass.pid --log-file /var/log/homeassistant/home-assistant.log --daemon
usage: hass [-h] [--version] [-c path_to_config_dir] [--safe-mode] [--debug] [--open-ui] [--skip-pip] [-v] [--log-rotate-days LOG_ROTATE_DAYS]
            [--log-file LOG_FILE] [--log-no-color] [--script ...] [--ignore-os-check]
hass: error: unrecognized arguments: --pid-file /var/run/hass/hass.pid --daemon

Hi,

I understand you are frustrated and happy to chat with you more this, but see Legacy Nest - #7 by allenporter for the rationale behind the decision.

I’m pretty surprised at the reaction I have to admit. I set what I thought was a pretty reasonable time frame to give someone a chance to spin up a custom component. Do you think this won’t happen and nobody will volunteer to do this very straightforward task? I would do it (since it is pretty simple) but don’t want to give you the wrong expectation that I can maintain it given I don’t have a works with nest account. I am pretty surprised this qualifies at not putting thought into this given I’ve been maintaining this integration for the last year and a half without even having a works with nest account… It would be pretty a interesting sign to me if nobody found it worth the minimal effort to take over the existing code!

For example, someone is already working on a nest protect custom component prior to this.

2 Likes

I have a hard time understanding how you can have installed and managed a core installation and not be able to tackle this.

From a pure CLI, just use “nohup” or “screen” to achieve the same as “–daemon”.

1 Like

Thanks, I actually just used “screen” to run HA in background. After all I will look for better solution when I’ll have more time:)

A post was merged into an existing topic: I’m unhappy with the removal of GPIO

This appears to be fixed in 2022.2.3

I do not run my HA in a RPi , but i have Octoprint.
My solution for the cooling was a KSD-01F Temperature Switch. It is a hardware solution and it has been working for a couple of years now without any problems.
I just screwed the switch to a cooling block for the RPi CPU and glued it on there.

4 Likes

Mine isn’t showing stuff from spotify at all! I’ve gone to https://my.exampleurl.com/media-browser (this isn’t a real link, don’t click it) and all it shows there is “local” which no longer has the network share I mounted there, just “floppy”, “cdrom”, and “usb” and “xbox game media” which is always empty. Is that the wrong place? Do I have to do some special configuration to the spotify integration to make it work?

You are running 2022.2.3? They fixed some Spotify stuff.

I am, but the media browser isn’t showing anything from spotify nonetheless.

Core-2022.2 appears to have broken localtuya.
No longer visible in Integrations. Devices no longer available.
Logs say: “Setup failed for localtuya: Integration not found”.

Have I missed something?

I’ve been looking at the button-card. Why should i use the input_button in stead?
Im’ just trying to find out a use-case for it. No reason to feel attacked.

was looking for that too, but then found one:

input_button:

wake_synology_nas:
    name: Wake Synology Nas
    icon: mdi:nas

which is a simple button to execute a script directly:

automation:

- alias: Wake Synology Nas
    id: Wake Synology Nas
    trigger:
      platform: state
      entity_id: input_button.wake_synology_nas
    action:
      service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
      data:
        mac: !secret synology_mac

and, you Shouldn’t, but you could. Only a single press required. Nice.

Ofc, many other ways available too, like a single script. Or Button, or, button row, or, custom:button-card, or…
the beauty of things, is you have a choice :wink:

Still works for me.

See reply by Mariusthvdb.

No reason to feel I am being attacked.

ok, in that case, it looks fine. (although, I would still choose a button-card, sorry :slight_smile: , as it offers more choices… )
Thanks!
(probably a case of professional habit. I’m a professional analyst programmer. (not python) When creating programs for clients, you know, they always want just a bit more . In this case, I would probably get the question :"Pressing once, starts the nas? And pressing twice, stops it again? :slight_smile: )
Anyway, thanks for answering!

Excellent! You should have no difficulty submitting a Feature Request for your ideas to improve input_button. The community will appreciate your contribution. :+1:

4 Likes

do you know what it should fix? Still nothing under “tracks” and “albums”, and the tracks under “playlists” only show 100 first tracks…

While looking around for info about the input_button, I’ve read that there were problems exporting it to Google assistant. Tested it, and it seems to work now.
It’s available as a “scene” in google assistant. I think when adding more features, you’ll loose this, because you just “activate” a scene.
I’ll think about it…