2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

Just what I needed! Thanks! I guess I need to start spending more time there. :wink:

You’re right, my mood is sour because I have to find out a way to connect 20+ zigbee devices without my raspbee 2

This is what I’d replace it with, and I’d have to re-pair all the devices and the motions sensors and stuff. soo yea…fun. sonoff conbee 2 Also We’re fairly broke, hence using an openish source platform for home security and automation. Woulda been nice not having to deal with this but I’ll move on I suppose. As long as this sonoff zigbee bridge works. PIMA tho.

Try explaining exactly why your boot failure is due to changes in 2022.2? Maybe someone can help.

Or revert to 2021.12 at least until your problem is fixed.

1 Like

This media filtering has broken some stuff for me. I have a bunch of video files and mp3s and my Google cast devices (Nest Minis, Hub, and Google Home Minis) used to be able to play them all. I could cast an mp4 to an audio only device and it would play the audio. Now I can’t even see the mp4s in the browser. Does anyone know of a way to remove the filtering? I’ve looked at the Media docs but they don’t mention any control over what content shows in the media browser.

Do you honestly think I know that? I logged in, I read the MOTHER OF ALL RELEASE NOTES for about 2 minutes said eh fuck it, clicked updated because eventually I have no choice as it’s functionally going to shit out and will become insecure, then magically It just didn’t come back online. At all, I tried local control, I tried cloud, I tried to ping it from console, nothing, It was just stuck. So I pulled the power cord and rebooted…10 minutes still nothing, so I pulled the power cord and the sd card, reformatted it, loaded a new copy of hass, and then loaded the snapshot right from the login page. I was in, My home assistant addons all dated back to december but I was in, I clicked update, and zigbee home assistant no longer can see the raspbee 2 connected to the gpio pins on the raspberry p 4b.

Better?

1 Like

No you don’t. GPIO has not yet been removed, that won’t happen for 4 months. In those 4 months you have plenty of time to switch to the custom component which brings back that core functionality. (EDIT: as per Francis’ comment below, this shouldn’t even be needed)

Also, if you want to keep complaining about something that has already been resolved, please do it here.

Also, since you are frustrated and this will help…

Is actually Zigbee Home Automation :upside_down_face:

None of that appears to be related to the update to 2022.2 as GPIO has not yet been removed.

And yes, the raspbee uses GPIO to connect to the Pi, but that uses none of the GPIO integrations that are about to be removed. It simply uses the serial port on the GPIO-pins, and that stays supported.

3 Likes

@VarenDerpsAround has your OS updated. If you are using HAOS, the update to 7.3 five days ago did update the rpi kernel firmware https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/tag/7.3

Got the same error… can’t be good. I’m going to hold off as well. ugh.

Your raspbee 2 is not affected, read the bottom part of the GPIO deprecation note

1 Like

Is this perhaps relevant to @VarenDerpsAround 's problem. Hard to say as he is happier ranting than providing relevant info.

1 Like

If he’s running the raspbee2 with ZHA, then yes probably

Not sure why you are still using a fan. I had to replace mine because of noise, and after the second failed, I bought this, and my temp hovers around 110°F. RPi 4, 4GB driving both a ZWave and Conbee USB controllers.

I’m clueless as to why so many HA users are putting fan’s on their RPi’s as well. The RPi comes without a fan because it doesn’t need one. Before I upgraded to a NUC I ran a RPi and it never had any heat issues without a fan…

don’t mistake your situation with the absolute truth… as always, ymmv.
Pi’s are effectively throttled when getting too hot, (which they do under circumstances) rendering a useless HA instance.
the thermal pads are not always sufficient. If they do anything at all.

As I have witnessed myself… Aluminum case helps, fan too. Havent seen halting system after having installed my ArgonOne, always between 34-40C, where it got near 80 before…

1 Like

Ha: ever tried a pi with an amp hat in a waterproof sealed box? (No it wasn’t running ha)

I’ve not ever had a need to waterproof a RPi… but I can imagine an amp hat would generate a fair bit of heat, however that’s certainly not anything like a HA server. I get that some people like to pile up a heap of services on the same device and in that case if an amp hat is included then a fan would be nice. Using it for HA and even with a raspbee or similar… no fan needed.

Energy dashboard partly not working anymore for custom energy entities coming from nodered but working for standard entities from 3rd party integration.
Strangely I see energy 0 but cost keep counting

Yeah it is the media player for my spa. There is a 5inch hdmi screen in there too.

Interesting on a hot morning to graph temp and connectivity. 80c and it is all over rover.

Anyway, off topic.