2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

I was running the beta, so could take advantage of the new ‘check for updates’ feature, but if you reload supervisor it should check for updates straight away.

I’m not sure how difficult this would be if you’re using Home Assistant’s operating system on the pi (I’m using Raspberry pi os), but I’ve been using this method for years, way before I started using home assistant:

1 Like

Just updated and this is the error I’m getting

22-02-02 20:56:26 ERROR (SyncWorker_7) [supervisor.docker.interface] Container addon_core_check_config is not running

Any ideas?

from the Checker add-on:

Fatal error while loading config: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/multidict-6.0.2.dist-info/METADATA'
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/multidict-6.0.2.dist-info/METADATA'

I think I’ve gotten this before and just plowed ahead with no apparent consequences. Is it ignorable?

4 Likes

Just updated running on TrueNAS plugin, and getting the error “Home Assistant only supports Linux, OSX and Windows using WSL” was support stripped from TrueNAS with this update?

1 Like

I’m cursed :frowning:
Now I see the update to 2022.2 option. But when I click on “Show”, I get a message “No update available” !

Restart HA, it happened to me too.

The LG WebOS TV move to integrations broke the mini media player card power button functionality which is frustrating to say the least.

Edit: I was wrong. See replies below.

1 Like

Great. I get it now :-))

Wow! That’s a huge release. Despite the huge list of breaking changes the update was very smooth for me.

Already off to a good start with the year’s “Streamlining” theme with the direct navigation to the device page for integrations with a single device. Nice! It always bugged me that the previous behaviour of showing the list of a single device was redundant.

Welcome aboard Mike and Zack.

Zack, does this mean you will have more time for your previous monster Lovelace d&d project :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Refresh the page, it’s some sort of caching issue.

Super update. Thanks to all who made this release possible. I do hope that the Zone state will be back in the next release.

The Android TV configuration has not been imported automatically. I tried using the UI but when I put the IP it gives me a Failed to connect
Any idea ?

The LG WebOS TV changes are not stream lining. How is making it so you can no longer use media_player.turn_on and off streamlining? If we can’t have 3 speed fans any more and have to use percentages I think media player entities should have to use those and the integration needs to have a section to add IP and MAC address. This was a bad change that broke more things in the front end.

Edit: I was wrong. See below replies

3 Likes

Unbelievable that Works with Nest is removed from HA! Without controlling the home/away status my nest thermostat becomes unusable for me.

7 Likes

The outrage here in the Blog when google indicated they were ending wwn was huge. Google saw sense and left the wwn api in place. Hopefully HA team will also see sense and leave wwn support switched on until google stop (if they ever do)

10 Likes

As meny people said, this update broke webOS turn on button. At least everything else in this integration works perfectly.

4 Likes

Please do not remove Works with Nest! If Google still allows it then please keep it in.

One of the main reasons I started using Home Assistant years ago was because of the Nest Integration. My whole build is built around being able to listen for home and away events and preventing the Nest to going to away mode when there are still people in the house. I have automations that shut the nest down when key doors are left open and automations that wake the nest up in the morning when the family start moving around.

All of these automations are needed because the nest only knows about movement when someone walks past the Nest display which could be only a few times a day.

15 Likes

Do you know why the zone state was pulled? it was the feature I was looking forward to most sadly.

1 Like

I’m using the new API for my doorbell and cams alongside Bad Nest just for the Protects.

3 Likes