2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

I can’t believe my way of getting my devices back is “the final” and “best” way. So as long as there is no “normal” / “good” way. I don’t see the point of putting it in documentation. There must be a better logical way of doing this.

I hope you are indeed incorrect. But for now, this seems to be the only way.

There’s nothing to figure out. Integration issue → core. Ui → frontend. The issue bot will organize it for you.

1 Like

@BebeMischa and @pergola.fabio I came back to check if I was the only one with Spotify problems, after your posts I was going to open a issue but it is already opened by someone else since my last post:

Frenck knows about it and will be solved soon with a new release I guess.

4 Likes

Well you are lucky now able to look at the docs and click to get all issues in relation to your integration. That will tell you exactly where to place a new issue, how to tag it and whether there is a similar open issue.

1 Like

Am I the only one that can’t use “all” anymore, to turn off all the lights?
Worked prior to 2022.2, doesn’t work anymore.
Read the release notes, but couldn’t find that change mentioned?!

service: light.turn_off
 target:
   entity_id: all

No, you are not alone:

The workaround is:

- service: light.turn_off

Damn - missed that one. Thank you.

Turn Off All Lights as in example below stopped working! Please help!

• service: light.turn_off

Does anybody now have the foobot integration working? I am getting an error
Tried to restart a few times.

2022-02-13 15:27:03 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of sensor platform foobot is taking over 10 seconds.
2022-02-13 15:27:03 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.foobot.sensor] Failed to connect to foobot servers
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/foobot_async/__init__.py", line 159, in _get
    resp = await self._session.get(

Hmmm, seems to work alright, but gives one error message at boot time. Maybe there is a pattern. No big issue now.

Yep I am seeing those errors too. Looks like a known issue and a fix is coming… https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/66373

I was kinda assuming that shorthand conditions would work in a choose as well, but apparently not.

choose:
    - conditions:
        - condition: "{{ is_state('trigger.to_state.state', 'Online') }}"
2022-02-15 16:25:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [automation]: Unexpected value for condition: '{{ is_state('trigger.to_state.state', 'Online') }}'. Expected and, device, not, numeric_state, or, state, sun, template, time, trigger, zone @ data['action'][0]['choose'][0]['conditions'][0]. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 264). 

Would be great if “choose” would accept shorthand as well, for consistency.

That should work.

choose:
    - conditions:
        - "{{ is_state('trigger.to_state.state', 'Online') }}"
1 Like

These work (and are my preferred method for a Template Condition in choose).

choose:
    - conditions: "{{ is_state('trigger.to_state.state', 'Online') }}"
    choose:
    - conditions:
      - "{{ is_state('trigger.to_state.state', 'Online') }}"
      - ... Other ANDed conditions ...
1 Like

Nevermind. Should have checked the doc :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

Easiest option would be the HACS implementation as mentioned above. I am not using GPIO at the moment but plan on doing so for an analog sensor I have. I know you said you weren’t a programmer, but I can think of at least 2 other solutions that would require a little scripting – simply to create you own template MQTT sensor and have a script running on the Pi monitoring GPIO that sends out an MQTT message which would trigger the sensor. Or use a NodeRed module - see Interacting with Raspberry Pi GPIO. Nodered might be a better option as programming might be a bit simpler. Home Assistant’s ability to interact with the operating system (using even bash commands) provides a ton of possibilities. Add NodeRed and there’s very few deprecations (if any) that can’t be worked around, though it may be uglier and harder to implement than the deprecated integration. I would add however, that I do find the dropping of GPIO support as disappointing and does worry me as to how deep the commitment is to the hacker community. This seems a further streamlining toward the consumer market.

I have already solved the problem using my own GPIO integration in HACS

I got them all working except the Solar

Doing that to fix my issue (had measurement and replaced with total_increasing).
Since it’s KwH I’m giving it one hour to check if it fixed it