2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

I just upgraded.
Still no be able to browse my spotifty and cast it to my nest mini or my TV ?

Exactly. And door sensor icons are assumed “open” when unknown. Super annoying. Any ideas how to fix that other than getting rid of the RF433 door/window sensors?

1 Like

Any idea how to make RF433 door sensors (Binary switches) assume that when “unknown”, they’re closed? Addition of “unknown” state made all my custom Lovelace colors (green when closed, red when open) and automations useless after HA reboot until first state change, which is… suboptimal. Also the icons are “open” when the state is “unknown” (the doors are almost always closed in fact).

Some sort of “assume state: closed” option would be nice.

Any tips other than getting rid of RF433 and going zigbee?

How about changing them to red when open, green otherwise?

1 Like

That’s the big developer brain I don’t have :slight_smile: thanks. Doesn’t solve the “open” icon though (I have main entry door icon as a Badge).

Just went to try the new Check for Updates feature, only to be told:

Unable to check for updates
You need to run the Home Assistant operating system to be able to check and install updates from the Home Assistant user interface.

This feature would still be useful for those of us not running HASS OS to see if a new version is available. If we can’t use it, then can it not be removed?

2 Likes

Convert your trigger into an event-based trigger not a device-based one?
That’s how I setup my zigbee buttons. JaS.

Yes, event-based triggers are much more reliable than device-based. Honestly I don’t know why are device-based ones still an option.

Use mqtt with your RF433 door/window sensors, and use retained messages. That is how I handle my RF433 door/window sensors.

I added " diagnostics: " to my configuration and it appeared.
The documentation is currently incomplete as it should have this line. (also the new ‘input_button’ is still not in the documentation)

1 Like

Running Supervised, not HAOS, saw a toast with ‘updates refreshed’ when trying it out.

I think it’s time to migrate to something else, that’s the most borked releease ever made.

• blocks if not linux/OSX
  • netatmo → down
  • ZHA → down
  • cast → down

For myself:

I don’t use all integrations (like the ‘my’, ‘media_source’, ‘usb’, etc.). If those integrations don’t load, they won’t take memory and won’t interfere with anything.
Ideally I could also disable support for other stuff (or at least hide) I don’t use (so it doesn’t show in the Setting menu’s. Stuff like Blueprints and Tags))

Yes I do use MQTT (it’s a Sonos RF Bridge with Tasmota). I’ll look into it, thank you.

Use strategy 2 :

1 Like

Running a relatively standard config with a Conbee2 and supported integrations and add-ons, I can report back that my update went smooth. Great job and big thanks!

Based on the log I removed the configuration.yaml entities that where moved to the UI and all seems fine.

Perhaps in the 2022.2.1 one can add ‘last triggerd’ as a column in scenes too, just for constancy (and a quick insight on the trigger timestamps) :smiley:

I last tinkered with MQTT like two years ago, I completely forgot where I set the retain flags. Setting Retain: true in configuration.yaml is not permitted for binary_sensor entities.

Same here… no zwave lights via my Zooz Switches. I haven’t migrated because every time I do it seems like such a hassle to have to go and figure out how to rebuild that network at each switch.

Looks like the Media changes broke my Jellyfin custom integration.
Was there developer breaking changes regarding media documented somewhere?

Thank you but that looks like a lot of work for a non-developer like me (lots of room for error), and I’m also not convinced it would work for things like Lovelace badges (I have doors and windows in there).

Also, Setup failed for python_script: Integration failed to initialize.

Is there any other way to use the retain flag? Simply adding it to config.yaml results in [retain] is an invalid option for [binary_sensor.mqtt]

• platform: mqtt
    state_topic: “tele/rfbridge/RESULT”
    name: ‘Greta door’
    value_template: “{{value_json.RfReceived.Data}}”
    payload_on: “A21B5E”
    payload_off: “A21B57”
    qos: 1
    retain: true
    device_class: door

Thanks!