2022.5: Streamlining settings

Have this issue after update to 2022.5.1, over 3000 error lines in log just because of sensors refresh taking too long. However simple restart of HA resolved issue. It seems stable now for couple of hours.

Hi,

After the upgrade iā€™m not able to read my ā€œon tv timeā€ anymore ā€œniceā€ in HA.

My code that I was using is: {{ states(ā€˜sensor.tv_kijken.attributes.valuesā€™) }} gekeken
before the upgrade it was showing ā€œ1h30m gekekenā€

now itā€™s saying unknown gekeken.

If iā€™m only taking {{ states(ā€˜sensor.tv_kijkenā€™) }} itā€™s given me 1.40 for example.

Thanks
Tim

Well, wait ! Meanwhile, I discovered that the HomePod remote was turned off on my dev system, which produces the same errorā€¦
So the status seems local to the integration because the HomePod is still ā€œidleā€ on my prod system addressing the exact same HomePod and working perfectly (still on 4.7 though)
After turning the HomePod (remote) ā€œonā€ on my dev system on 2022.5.1, it now works !
So, I stand corrected, 5.1 seems to have fixed it.
Even better, this fix seems to have solved the other problem of not showing any sources for the HomePod.
I now have access to all media for the first time, same for the ATV.

Mine is working (Supervised install).

Just to add my experience, positive one.

My cpu usage dropped on average from 5-6% to 1-2% running HA in a VM on proxmox.
So you guys did something right :slight_smile: :smiley: might be the DB stuff, but kudos for that!

Thank you very much for the had work and dedication. !!!

2 Likes

I missed this in the release notes, thanks for bringing it up. I, too, use unit_of_measurement in a few sensors and would like to know what the options are if thatā€™s no longer allowed.

1 Like

The backup integration has kind of a niche use case, from the doc:

The Backup integration allow you to create and download backups for your Home Assistant Core and Home Assistant Container installations. This backup file can be used if you migrate to Home Assistant Operating System.

Users with an HAOS or Supervised installation donā€™t use it. And even for container/core users itā€™s really a migration tool not a backup one since only supervisor can restore from those backup files.

If you want to change this youā€™re looking in the wrong place. Youā€™ll need to modify supervisor to add this new option to itā€™s API. And then frontend to expose the new option in the backup UI.

Uhh, yeahā€¦ Search definitely got broken in 2022.5. My use case, simply search for the word ā€œGroupā€ in the Entities listā€¦ I get all sorts of results that donā€™t have the word ā€œgroupā€ in them, and are not related to groups in any way.

Quite a few creators have commented that the extensive changes have invalidated many of their tutorials. Perhaps thereā€™s a case for keeping the old menu structure and have the new format as a user-selectable option.

Though I feel the new format is welcome, the impact of the changes seems to have been ignored.

Peter

1 Like

I think I solved my own problem:

- id: "d1d8af3f-edc5-450f-b4fc-c006cbe31fed"
  alias: "Notification - Goto work"
  trigger:
    - platform: calendar
      event: start
      entity_id: calendar.werk

condition: "{{ (states('sensor.time') == (as_timestamp(state_attr('calendar.werk', 'start_time')) - 3600 )|timestamp_custom('%H:%M')) }}"

action:
    - service: script.mobile_notify_no_actionable
      data:
        title: "Goto work"
        thread_id: "system_notification"

we have to wait for 2022.5.2 Unable to Import Blueprints Ā· Issue #71396 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub

Just an FYI, this new design was tested with over 900 users prior to release: Home Assistant Design . Feedback was mostly positive or neutral and a number of the suggestions incorporated.

While it is unfortunate that video tutorials were invalidated design changes are necessary sometimes to improve the experience of the product. And due diligence was done validating those changes beforehand with a study.

All are welcome to participate in these in the future, Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t be the last one run.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think tutorials having to be changed is a very strong argument for not improving something. It is an argument on why video-tutorials are worse thoughā€¦

9 Likes

Iā€™m still on 2022.4.7 here, can someone show me whatā€™s changed in the sql sensor integration? How do you set up sensors without the yaml config now?

Settings / Devices & Services / Integrations, Add integration, SQL.

Core not supervisor - Iā€™m talking about excluding files from the backup on creation which is handled in the core integration.

Not sure what you mean about just a migration tool though? Itā€™s just a tar file, I just extract whatever files Iā€™m looking for when I need something from the backup

Thanks! So looks like just need to copy and paste between the fields and a text editor then. Bit of a pain but usable at least!

Existing sensors should be imported automatically. You can then delete the YAML.

I mean to add new sensors, Iā€™ve only discovered it this week so still building on them

As posted in the GitHub issue: I can not turn on the remote (which doesnā€™t exist in the first place) without it automatically turning off ā€¦

Because of this I once again tried the startup settings

But this does nothing but flood the logs with the mentioned errors in my Issue report.

Things like

Logger: pyatv.protocols.airplay
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/airplay/__init__.py:265 
First occurred: 17:08:15 (8 occurrences) 
Last logged: 17:12:07

Failed to set up remote control channel
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/airplay/__init__.py", line 258, in _connect_rc
    await control.start(str(core.config.address), control_port, credentials)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/airplay/remote_control.py", line 56, in start
    self.verifier = await verify_connection(credentials, self.connection)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/airplay/auth/__init__.py", line 103, in verify_connection
    has_encryption_keys = await verifier.verify_credentials()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/airplay/auth/hap_transient.py", line 47, in verify_credentials
    await self.http.post("/pair-pin-start", headers=_AIRPLAY_HEADERS)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyatv/support/http.py", line 359, in post
    return await self.send_and_receive(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyatv/support/http.py", line 412, in send_and_receive
    raise exceptions.HttpError(
pyatv.exceptions.HttpError: HTTP/1.1 method POST failed with code 400: Bad Request