2023.10: New looks and more tile card features!

Energy Dashboard is broken after Upgrade to latest version:

Yesterday work fine:

1 Like

I had the same issue, after Backup restore, it works.

Hi! Great update, thanks for that!

With this new ā€œPrivate BLE Deviceā€-Tracker, it is the first time I use tracker in Home Assistant. I setup this integration for my iPhone and Apple Watch. Now I am ā€œat Homeā€ instead of ā€œunknownā€. Nice!
But if I disable Bluetooth on both devices, I thought that my person should change to ā€œNot at Homeā€ or back to ā€œUnknownā€.

I read a bit documentation regarding this topic and now I am wonder about the default value for ā€œconsider_homeā€ (and how I can change them)?

Does any of the experienced people have a tip?

1 Like

my bad, seems the em has stopped at the same time as I did the update. not the first time to just decide to go offline.

Disabling Bluetooth on an iOS device doesnā€™t actually ā€œfullyā€ disable Bluetooth as they are usually trackable even with the power off because of Find My. You likely have to remove the device from the range of the Bluetooth adapter or completely drain the battery.

2 Likes

Is there a way to know if issue 99947 (MyQ integration forbidden) made it into the release? This issue says it will (well, it says 2023.10.x but underneath it says core released 10/4/2023), but for me at least it still fails. Or is there a more appropriate place to ask? (The issue is locked.)

Any tips for retrieving the IRK for AirTags?

1 Like

Z2M is working fine. MQTT is working fine. HA frontend is broken. Every time I reboot Home Assistant, all zigbee devices show ā€œUnavailableā€. They never come back if I let it sit. Z2M shows all devices online. MQTT browser shows all states are proper and persistent. Rebooting Z2M sometimes fixes it, most devices will start to come back online as ā€œUnknownā€ and the eventually update properly. Some devices still remain as ā€œUnavailableā€. For the ones that are ā€œUnavailableā€, I change the name in Z2M + HA to something else, then back to what it was, and that specific device starts working again.

As soon as I reboot HA again. the problem comes back, all devices are ā€œUnavailableā€.

This is an HA issue, not a Z2M issue, and not an MQTT issue.
This has been happening since the last 4-7 releases of core. (Canā€™t remember when it broke exactly)

Even a new HA install, re-pared all devices, same issue. Please fix this!

Can you open an issue so we track this

Issues donā€™t make it into code. PRs do.

And if you want to refer to an issue, have the decency to link to it.

If you had, you will see the appropriate PR is Update MyQ to use python-myq 3.1.9 by Lash-L Ā· Pull Request #100949 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub and the changelog for 2023.10 shows that it is included Full changelog for Home Assistant Core 2023.10 - Home Assistant - this page is linked in the release announcement.

1 Like

My apologies @nickrout, I do not participate in the development so I did not know how to track it (MyQ/Python) to the PRā€™s inclusion in the release, though I see now the PR number is in the notes (I did not know that). But my point at the time is that it was still broken. Howeverā€¦

A couple hours after I did all the installs this just magically started working. Before that it was giving the same error even after updating HA and supervisor. No idea why, but working now.

Thank you for the patient answer.

6 Likes

(Nice reply. Thatā€™s how you do it.)

4 Likes

It is an issue with the latest Mosquitto broker. Try to go back to the 6.2.1 version (of the Mosquitto add-on in HA) which is the latest working.

Sorry it probably wasnā€™t very patient, but hopefully we both learned something.

1 Like

It is not an MQTT issue, it is the HA MQTT add-on that is broken

It is a Mosquitto issue with retaining messages

Not a problem here. I did have something similar, but a restart (of the OS, not just HA) fixed it. Like you, canā€™t remember when exactly I had to do that, and it may be unrelated as I canā€™t recall the exact symptoms.

Companion app on Android is very slow after the update.

1 Like

The problem with retaining messages seems to be dependant of how many messages there are. So some of us will never see this problem and others will have a lot of problems, depending of how many zigbee devices there are in the network.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks.