2023.3: Dialogs!

Add me to the unimpressed with new lighting control interface.
I’m spending a lot of effort to buy lights with adjustable color temperature, and now the controls have moved further away giving me a giant card with just a single GIANT dimmer, and tiny buttons to go to the other sliders.
I know I can build custom cards to deal with this (although several broke with this update), but the auto-updating overview is handy, and if it does not work there, I have to setup a lot more custom dashboards, which I will do only when the house stabilizes.
I’d either prefer adding the color temp and color sliders back when relevant, or offering a universal switch to do so, as I am hearing from a group here who view the adjustability of their bulbs as a rarely used feature, and for them this is a welcome simplification.

7 Likes

dont think so, mine still works

- platform: rest
    unique_id: ha_main_config_rest_sensor
    name: Ha Main config
    resource: !secret config_resource
    value_template: >
      {{value_json.version}}
    verify_ssl: false
    json_attributes:
      - components
      - unit_system
      - config_dir
    headers:
      Content-Type: application/json
      Authorization: !secret api_bearer_token
    scan_interval: 3600

Interesting, you are using the rest platform. I’m using the rest integration.

Are you using the same resource?

yes, and before you edited your post, I just was typing I am not using the default port… :wink:
just 1 extra probably stupid measure to be a bit more secure

Issue created:

@piitaya Is there a way to use the slider horizontally? On smaller landscape devices the slider won’t fit and wastes a lot of valuable space on a small screen.

10 Likes

Comfortable? Why that huge button in the advanced settings dialogue? Who will use it if the button can be pressed directly into the dashboard?
How can I see the current effect set in the lamp? Open the dialog, press the button, scroll through all 100 effects and find the illuminated one? Is it convenient?
How do you switch the effect and see what colour it has set, how do you see the current colour? Jump around the boxes and menus? All for the sake of a useless huge button? These are additional properties and they need to be in front of you.
It was convenient, now it’s terribly inconvenient.

17 Likes

Could this be because they have no unique id? Just guessing here.

Hm… I need to Check, thanks for that hint

Hi there, just checked out 2023.3.2 Nice, but I need to go back to 2023.2.5 because the Discovergy integration won’t work any longer. It s basic for my energy report because it is a digital energy gateway for electricity. I know it s HACS but maybe sometime nativ in HA?
So I hope with the next release it will work again…

same issue for me.

Was it solved only after HA reboot?

Well, yes but it’s the second time that I need to do this. Now, Installing 2023.3 3

Hm… Question: how can I Check If these Sensors have a unique id? ^^

if you get that dialog panel, they have a unique_id.
the system will tell you if they dont by showing

when clicking the settings cogwheel

1 Like

ok, thanks :slight_smile: Was unsure in the case of a custom component… I’ve seen this information sometimes after creating template sensors when I forgot to add the Unique_ID parameter, but since the sensors do have an “entity_id” in their config - I guess, they all have this “unique id”.

So… it does not seem to be the case that I can’t convert the “W” unit to “kW” due to missing unique_id’s … :frowning:

So as a lot of other people mentioned, I’m also stuck on the database migration ( also on MariaDB - 2.5.2 ). I’ve tried all the releases(.1/.2/.3) but had to restore my backup all the time. I leave the database migrations on for at least 12+ hours, but nothing happens. Also unable to find any related logs anywhere?

Tried to optimize all related tables ( using PhPmyadmin ), and did some recorder purge but all without result.

What can I do to make this update/migration work?

My upgrade took 13 hours and I have 60 days with data and the db is approx 2GB. Its a mariadb on a synology drive. Perhaps you have to wait longer?

I’m not in that case but I would do:
Restore prior db schema update - do a full purge and repack. Check the file size of the actual DB.
Check supervisor logs, hosts etc. Do a full shutdown and restart. Check again

Then update to 2023.03.3

You can probably just create a new Template Sensor based off your original sensor and add your required conversion and unit to the new sensor…not ideal, but it’ll work