2023.8: Translated services, events, and wildcards!

Does 23.8.1 have release notes?

Yes Release 2023.8.1 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

1 Like

My experience is that ignored updates come back every once in a while. It would be good if ignored repairs function similarly.

Ok. It us d to be in the blog post.

I can’t explain why it is not, perhaps the update person is a little busy.

I think you should be here PSA: MQTT Name changes in 2023.8

So you didn’t read the first comment in this thread which is brightly highlighted and explains everything about this?

The problem is that pinned comment doesn’t show pinned on the release notes page 2023.8: Translated services, events, and wildcards! - Home Assistant which is what is linked from the UI when you do the update.
The text on the release note really does need an update to be a little clearer. After spending several minutes it seems all will be good in Sep when I can update zigbee2mqtt but this change is going to worry a lot of people unnecessarily, which wouldn’t be the case if the patch notes explained it better (or even better had it be deferred for a month)

3 Likes

Now that sentence triggers have been improved, could someone explain to me the differences and benefits of sentence triggers vs adding custom sentences…? When to use which?

Custom sentences use sentence triggers. So what your asking really doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

had the same problem but the new update 2023.8.1 fixed that, thank you for fixing !!

Is anyone aware if the TP-Link Kasa Smart problems have been fixed in 2023.8.1? Just checking before I update.

According to the post right above yours it was fixed.

I hope this event entity will be added to the KNX integration soon. It could simplify many things…

:smiley: :crazy_face: :rofl: :rofl: Love it :rofl:

Thanks fro pointing out the obvious.

Can confirm that the TP-Link Kasa Smart problems have been fixed in 2023.8.1.

Thanks to the HA Team.

2 Likes

I’ve just updated to 2023.8(.1) from 2023.7(.x) and all went okay.

I’m glad @petro had issued his advice because even after reading the Breaking Changes in the release notes I would not have known what to do (or what not to do). I’m also glad I’d seen the issue with the Workday sensor as I could have missed this. I would have liked to see a Repair for this.

Anyway, now it’s time to play with the sentance wildcards!

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tuya integration and “Reolink Ip Camera” no longer works. Fixed by reverting to 2023.7.1

Both work just fine

The iCloud CalDav stopped working after update. All calendars disappeared.

Reverting didn’t fix the problem. Logs and github fix problems.

6 Likes