2023.8: Translated services, events, and wildcards!

okay, I should have correctly said, I did not install HACS in the container.

mennekes:

yes, I will open a new topic. The initial thread was triggered since the issue happened with HA version 2023.8.1 without me changing anything. And I tried every version afterwards, 2023.8.2, 2023.8.3, 2023.9.1 and always the same issue. And by going back to 2023.7.3, everything works again. So it does not feel like a conventional “chair and keyboard” bug…

Google tells me that some mennekes devices are integrated via modbus. Something else to search on!

Just to close this issue also here, I found the bug and it is documented here and here.

tl;dr it is caused by the pyscript custom integration. I had services that had @service decorators with a service_name DOMAIN.SERVICE (which is explicitly allowed by pyscript, see here), but starting with HA 2023.8.1 HA interprets the DOMAIN part in the service_name as an integration and is looking for a translation, that it can’t find and then it fails to start.

1 Like

According to step 6 at Setting up Home Assistant Assist as default assistant app on an Android phone:

how to do this on a FireOS powered device (Amazon Fire tablets)?

(edit: think I solved it on my own. seems to be impossible out of the box, so I used a “Button Mapper” app to trigger Home Assistant Assist when long pressing the volume up button. As my Fire tablet - or it’s Android version - lacks the ability to speak the input so I have to type the text, it’s in the end not useful at all unfortunately… :frowning: )