32 channel ethernet relay module – KinCony KC868-H32

@shamruk Thank you so much for your help … @KinCony are you also writing very simple home assistant integration like this?

Hi how can I integrate this with smartthings

now we have make the video upload to youtube channel.

Would this firmware upgrade “feedback” come from the module and go to HA, assuming HA has “listening code” code to receive such an unanticipated message? Or is the firmware upgrade “feedback” be stored in the module and then can be read by HA in some form of polling? When will this firmware upgrade “feedback” be available to us? Could you give us details on this firmware upgrade “feedback”, like what commands to send and what reply comes back.

Your video explains much about firmware upgrade to get which key is pressed. Your video is " Power down relay state memory remember and key data feedback fireware for KC868-H32L". This is your video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jou7fme8do&feature=youtu.be

For those looking at the KinCony KC868-H32 with the firmware upgrade, note you must buy the “L” version which will cost more. Other “L” features is the connectors can be removed from the module.

More information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qknel82vPOI titled [Automation Module Project DIY] how to remote control relays many ways. You can now buy this 34 input switch module which connects to the KC868-H32L --L – and allows remote SPST momentary switches to turn on and turn off the respective relay. S1 control R1, S2 controls R2 and so forth. Looking at this video, it seems that this “switch module” toggles the respective relay.

With the firmware upgrade, the earlier video shows you can read the switch that was pressed. We need more information, but this “switch module” makes each KC868-H32L a 32-input 32-output module. Know that if a switch is pressed and you want a momentary pulse rather than a constant level, you may need to a) sense that a switch was pressed, and, b) reset the relay back to what is was before the switch was pressed.

This is exciting news and gives us 32 + 32 I/O for low (relatively) cost. In order for me to get my hands around this, I will need to study asynchronous I/O, scheduling, tasking, multi-threading. I’ll get back to this thread when I learn more. Reply if you have questions.

Now we have finished this firmware. it will feedback which key is pressed by “manual control board”, and now the new relay status after you controled.
For example : when you press key1 to turn OFF relay1. you will received the string “RELAY-KEY-255,1,0,OK” in TCP mode. first number “255” not need to see, it always is “255” number. “1” means relay1, just a relay’s channel. “0” means now the relay status is “OFF”.
if you press key1 again to turn ON relay1, then you will received the string “RELAY-KEY-255,1,1,OK” in TCP mode. first number “255” not need to see, it always is “255” number. “1” means relay1, just a relay’s channel. “1” means now the relay status is “ON”.
This function auto feedback is from KC868-H32 relay controller network port, not from home assistant.

Now , we have take some time to modify all kinds of KC868 controller’s firmware. for the news, all

controller(KC868-H2,KC868-H4,KC868-H8,KC868-H16,KC868-H32) have new firmware, and have new function

followings:

1:The function of power-off memory of relay switch is added. If the power is cut off suddenly or power

failure, the relay will automatically return to the state before the power cut when the power is called

again.

2:When press switch board , controller will auto send information to client software in TCP mode.

3:Add bootloader function, next time when need to update firmware can download to RS232 port, also can use

USB-RS232 adapter cable to flash program.

4.Add ALL relay ON command.

5.Add ALL relay OFF command.

6.Add reverse status control mode command. (Such as ON->OFF , OFF->ON,just opposite to the current state)

7.support new switch terminal board that can use 433MHz wireless remoter control MAX 32 channel relay.

new switch terminal board have 34 input port (32 relay switch + ALL ON switch + ALL OFF switch), but these are for switch button use, not for sensor use. if you want to use 32 input ports to read , you should use KC868-COL, that have 32 channel input ports for use.

1 Like

Here is alternative

At much lower cost.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000462972283.html
I do not think it works for US 120VAC only 220VAC but not sure.
It works with Kincony KC868-COL
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000336722335.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.2.452467f9fP3gZv

What program is running here?

This just a TCP Socket network debugger tool. Also you can download from: https://www.kincony.com/download/Socket-debugger.zip
new protocol description update: https://www.kincony.com/smart-controller-development-protocol.html
it can see received data from Controller by TCP mode.

Electricity meter can connect with KC868-COL by RS485 bus. you can read power meter value on PC by TCP Socket or RS232 port. Also open protocol and demo source code.

2 Likes

Old AliExpress KinCony store said Voltage Range 170V~230V AC. Now, AliExpress KinCony store says working voltage is Voltage Range:120V~230V AC. Just want to make sure it works here in US 120VAC. Does it not work well for loads less than 5 amps? Can you set modbus address inside electricity meter? I would like to use more than one…

AC120V is no problem, KC868-H32L use 10A relay, KC868-H32 use 5A relay. Controller have already used in USA. the RS232 port not have adress. if you want to use more, i suggest you use ethernet port, easy to extend.

I’m using KC868-H32W. 2 relay stoped turning off : red lamp is off but my lamp is on. I will double check the wire connection. Is there a way to reset them somehow? @KinCony

The instantaneous circuit current of your load is too large, resulting in high temperature bonding of the relay contacts. You can try to remove the metal shell and knock the faulty relay shell with a screwdriver, which may recover.

@KinCony is possible 3 led lamps to overlap 5A

Because the KC868-H32’s relay we used is MAX 5A, generally 30% allowance is reserved that is safety. some power supply have large current when power on. KC868-H32L use 10A relay.

Hi!
Where can I get a new firmware?
How to update your device?
i’m using KC868-H32

you can see us email to get firmware.
how to update, see this video:

Is this device suitable for firmware?