32 channel ethernet relay module – KinCony KC868-H32

Nope I’m trowing this crap out. When I turn on some lights via home assistant most of the time after doing this the whole controller jams. Even the local push buttons in the wall arent working. So I have to power cycle it. When only working with wall buttons. No problem. State is synced with HA. But turn on lights in HA after a few times. HA forces the light switch back on because state won’t change… If I knew this sooner I could spend my money in knx.

For anyone interested in testing this HASS native component and reporting any issues in the PR here: New KinCony Hx component by kgkolev · Pull Request #70908 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

You should be able to just clone the branch with:

1. Clone the branch:
git clone [email protected]:kgkolev/hass-core.git -b kincony_hx_component
  1. copy the homeassistant/components/kincony_hx directory on your HASS instance and restart
  2. Add a KinCony Hx integration to be able to access Relay Switches.

Thanks!

@KinCony: I’m not able to connect KC868-H16 with F/W H16B_V4.35 anymore.
Tried with 2 different HA setups.

you can test send command manually whether work well. let controller connect to MQTT broker, you send command to broker by a MQTT tool, such as “MQTTBOX”.

Well not anymore. The MQTT stack is no longer working even after a 10 minute power off.
I wish Kincony would take the time to fix this bug - unreliable devices are a nightmare especially when you rely on them to open/close your doors :unamused:

The integration relies on command line switches which requires constant polling to get the proper status of the relay and the inputs.
IMHO device-based MQTT is by far the best solution when properly implemented.

@KinCony I have integrated the KC868-H32BS and KC868-D8 with MQTT and I can control the devices from the Home Assistant dashboard. However, the relays and dimmers are only entities in Home Assistant but not devices. Because they are not devices it is not possible to automate the relays in Home Assistant because entities are not eligible devices for automation. My understanding is that some device data needs to be included in the configuration.yaml for the device to be discovered and enter the device registry. Can you provide the proper configuration so that the relays and dimmers show up as devices in Home Assistant?

which loads you have connected with H32B relay output directly?
do you have using AC contact?

if re download firmware whether work well?

Could you elaborate on how to activate this component?

@KinCony: I cannot create an account on the kincony forum (email is marked as not valid even though it is) so I do it here.
The KC868-H16B that I have is moved to another environment and we have problems with it.

It is configured in Ethernet / MQTT mode and at first it runs fine but after switching a few outputs, the blue LED comes on and the relay stops working.
The LED stays on and the relay does not reply to a ping command anymore.
There does not to seem any logic behind the failure, unplugging the power solves it for a short time.

The firmware version is: H16B_V4.35

Any idea what is wrong with it?

Do you have use H16B relay output connect to AC contact directly?

Yes, is that a problem?

because the coil of AC contactor generates interference signal, if you use extend DC relay or DC contact will no problem. if you must need add AC contact, just add RC snubber will solve your problem, just connect resistance and capacitance on both ends of coil of AC contactor in parallel. Here have KiniCony RC snubber , you can directly to use: RC Absorption Snubber Circuit Module - Smart Home Automation | KinCony here are diagram RC snubber connect with KC868-H16B

I had the exact same problem with motorized valves on my H32B and had to solve it with Zigbee-controlled relays as the RC Snubber did not help in any way.
Good luck!

Would you mind sharing what devices did you use?

The Kincony RC Snubber with a Kincony H868-32B.
If you mean what Zigbee device, I use the one included in the zigbee2mqtt list (without any RC snubber):

Dear colleagues. I want to update this topic. What are the working ways to control the KC868-H32 module from Home Assistant today?

Here are the projects I found. But I’m not sure if they all work.

Kincony KC868 Node-RED / HA working diagram/code

I have kept modifying shamruk’s custom component to keep it working, and it has kept working for me. I just forked the repository and updated it from my working install (2023.4) now: GitHub - fiLLLip/hass-components-sha: This is non-official integration of KC868-H32 (relay controller by Kincony) for Home Assistant