404 error on supervisor upgrade/addon install

So I just formatted a 32gb samsung sd card and install hass.io via balenaEtcher yesterday. The install went smoothly and I was able to get connected.

Problem is, I can’t upgrade my supervisor or install any addons (besides the ssh-terminal one). I always get an error:

20-03-04 20:58:43 ERROR (SyncWorker_14) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor:207 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("no such image: homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor:207: No such image: homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor:207").

I looked around and swap-size seemed to be a common complaint. here is the output from the terminal addon:

Weirdly I also had the same issue attempting to upgrade the hass.io core (or whatever it’s called, NOT the supervisor) and I had to restart like 3 times but it eventually worked? FWIW I am on a raspberry pi 3 B+.

Any ideas? I can’t even install the file editor addon without it failing.

Any ideas on this? I am completely stumped especially considering it’s a brand new install on a fresh 32 gb SD card.

Is this HassOS? What version of supervisor do you have at the moment?
404 generally means out of disk space which wouldn’t seem to be your issue…

I am not sure what you mean by HassOS? I downloaded the hass.io image for raspberry pi 3 B+ (32 bit version). FWIW I am on version 201 and trying to update to 208. Apparently this isn’t an uncommon issue as i’ve seen a bunch of threads on it but can’t seem to find a solution.

The SD card I formatted to fat32 with balenaEtcher but it was completely wiped. So I have no idea what to try next.

One small note: It is on it’s own VLAN, but I know it’s able to access the internet because I was able to update hass.io core as well as install add-ons, so I do not think that is the issue.

Side-question: I left the USB flash drive in that sets up the network CONFIG (for a static ip-address). Should I remove that once the IP has been set up?

I also just noticed this on the logs as well (when i’ve tried to click “update” more than once):

20-03-06 05:26:20 CRITICAL (MainThread) [hassio.core] Can't update supervisor! This will break some Add-ons or affect future version of Home Assistant!

I literally only have the ssh-terminal addon though and the check config addon.

Another note: I’ve weirdly enough seen the same error with trying to install addons. Same 404 error.

Do you have PiHole or anything like that?
You can remove the USB stick.
Etcher will copy the image to the card and the image has a file system so you don’t need to format it first.
Can you ping anything on the internet from ssh?

I was oddly enough getting the same error last week when trying to upgrade an addon. I also could not do a docker exec into the container. I ended up rebooting the host and it all came good. I assume you tried that?

I do not have pi-hole. I am also able to ping google.com fine.

do you have to use a VLAN?

I don’t but I would prefer it. FWIW I used hass.io a long time ago with vlan with no issues. Im going to try a new fresh and install and if that doesn’t work ill just put it on the same vlan as everything else. No idea why i was able to update core and do my first addon with no issues though.

It sounds like your DNS or network settings are screwed up to me but I have never played with VLANS.

Fresh install contained all the newest updates. So I guess my initial install was corrupted somehow…who knows.