433mhz, infrared IR to and from MQTT on ESP8266

Can you please share a picture of 2n2222, the one you are using so that I could place online order same one?

Thanks,

1 Like

The 2n2222 is so incredibly generic, you really canā€™t go wrong with ordering one. Yours might look different but itā€™ll work the same way. Donā€™t hesitate, just go for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is indeed a standard transistor, here is a picture to see the packaging

1 Like

Thank you, Iā€™ll buy this

Iā€™ve been using this with great success so far, thank you very much for developing and releasing this.

One thing Iā€™m stuck on has been programming some ā€˜cloningā€™ 433MHz remote controls I have. Iā€™ve bought a whole heap of them to use as switches around the house and need to program the buttons on each to all have an individual (random is fine). They ā€˜cloneā€™ by listening to the commands sent by another remote with the button held down for a few seconds so it repeats the command.

Iā€™ve tried changing the pulse length parameter in the OpenMQTTGateway to a few seconds, and putting a loop in the send command section but either way it just causes it to crash.

Is there a better way for me to program these? Randomly generated strings would be great as I have 20 of them with 4 buttons each to doā€¦

Hello,

Sorry but I donā€™t understand this part?
As your remote controls paced around the house only listening or also emitting?
What do they control?

Sorry iā€™ll explain that a bit better. The remotes clone a signal being transmitted by another source. If I hold down the button of another 433MHz remote/source while programming a button on my new remotes, they will receive that code, store it, then re-transmit when I press the button on the new remote.

My new remotes will be only transmitting, theyā€™re basically just going to be wireless toggle commands for my lights. But to program them, they listen/receive temporarily so I need to transmit a repeated signal for a few seconds to allow this to happen.

These remotes here are what Iā€™m referring to::

You could try to increase RF_EMITTER_REPEAT into user_config.h to 40 or more. It will repeat the RF signal 40 times. Try yo do it first with standard parameter ; donā€™t specify any pulselength or protocol. Just send your signal to home/commands/MQTTto433

Iā€™ve given that a go, unfortunately setting it any higher than 40 (say even 50) causes the arduino to crash and restart. Havenā€™t been able to work out why so starting to strip the code down to bare essentials to see if I can get around the crashing.

@mynameisdaniel Ive made automations to repeat the signal for x amounts of minutes depending on witch state my light/switch is.

Example:

- id: unique38    
  alias: Repeat signal to 433mhz gateway
  trigger:
    platform: time
    minutes: '/5'
  condition:
    condition: and
    conditions:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: input_boolean.433herhalen
        state: 'on'
      - condition: state
        entity_id: light.keukenlamp
        state: 'on'
  action:
    - service: light.turn_on
      entity_id: light.keukenlamp

Thank you for the very nice project. Just want to ask, do you have sample yaml config for BT gateway?

Hello,

No I donā€™t have, as this implementation is quite new I will be interested by some feedback

I donā€™t see any response from the Arduino serial monitor after power on/off on my Skybeacon. Is this expected? I tried to subscribe to this topics ā€œhome/BTtoMQTT/#ā€ & ā€œhome/BTtoMQTTā€ w/o luck.

Yes you should see mac adress on the serial monitor and with mqtt. Do you have the message saying ā€œConnection OK to HM-10ā€ in the serial monitor when you power the arduino?

So as to debug most of the time I subscribe to all the topic with:
sudo mosquitto_sub -t +/# -v

According to the hm10 data sheet if you use AT+SHOW1 you should get the device name as well which will be handy as iphone keeps changing mac, I have tried it but doesnā€™t seems to get it working, have any of you tried it before?

Thanks for the info I will try that, I have repopened the corresponding request:

Yes I see ā€œConnection OK to HM-10ā€ in my serial monitor. The BLE Gateway not publishing anything. Might not even detect my skybeacons.

Are your skybeacons paired and connected with something ?

Could you install a beacon simulator to your smartphone and see if the gateway detect it?

And at final what is your hm10 firmware version

After upgrading the HM-10 fw to V550. I was able to detect the Skybeacon. Thanks, Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, what was your previous version ?