433mhz, infrared IR to and from MQTT on ESP8266

My advise is more to use off the shelf 433mhz sensor (less than 5euros), you will be free from wires this way.

You could arm and disarm your alarm composed of PIR sensors/Window detector without 433mhz but you needs to go to DIY for your alarm (can be risky I agree :slight_smile: )

Let me explain the principle. An alarm is basically sensors and a siren. Sensors can be 433mhz PIR / window sensors, sirens can be a siren connected to an arduino/esp with a transistor or a 433mhz siren.
You put some intelligence on the ESP/arduino to activate/deactivate a method that make the alarm ring if a sensor detect something. This intelligence can also be done at HA level but will be less robust.
Your alarm this way can also be linked with presence detection and other home automation scenario.

Itā€™s a potential modification of the openmqttgateway.

Yes, you recommend the project is good, but I would like to transform the existing basis. I had a 8266 with PIR (https://github.com/mertenats/Open-Home-Automation/tree/master/ha_mqtt_binary_sensor_pir) on the bathroom, I would like to add the Bluetooth module, so I would like to add the PIR code to the openmqttgateway, I really do not work on this line, please lend a helping hand @1technophile could I add this feature request?

Itā€™s going to be difficult to use also PIR with the OpenMQTT gateway (at least without I2C modules) as there arenā€™t enough pins on the NodeMCU.
If absolutely set on using PIR connected to NodeMCU and you have several units at hand, then I would go with both projects:

• one NodeMCU with OpenMQTT for RF (emitter and receiver), IR (blaster and receiver) and BLE gateways;
  • one NodeMCU with Bruh multisensor for PIR sensor, RGB LED and light sensor (actually light sensor wonā€™t be calibrated as it reads only a value between 0 and 1023 on the Analog pin, but it can be easily set against a threshold).

For Temperature and Humidity sensors (DHT22 or DHT11, although DHT22 are better) you could use either project.

With the light sensor you can setup an automation to ignore PIR sensor firing if there is sufficient light in the room otherwise turn on the lights (if at night or during a sun eclipse :smiley: ). This can be coupled with the sun component (sunrise/sunset or above_horizor/below_horizon)
RGB LED can be used to provide visual feedback such as turn it red if there are alarms: i.e. a door has been left open/the TV is on for some time and needs to shut down/the temperature has decreased (or will decrease during the night and you need to close the window before going to bed) or green/turquoise/etc if there are some other type of alarms.
There are quite a few possibilities :slight_smile:

Yeah. I have my configuration split up some. Automations are in a different file from the config, among other things.

I was thinking there was some approach I could take other than automation, like some sort of MQTT command, but that would probably require changing the Arduino code, which I donā€™t really want to do. Anyway, this works perfectly.

Now to set up notifications. :-/

@jxjhheric @Petrica

In fact I need to add hc-sr501 for my own needs, let me explain why:
I want to have a presence detection in my living room that doesnā€™t depend on 433mhz PIR, because on room with too much movements sensors if often activated and generating a lot of RF signals (without speaking about the battery life). Moreover it adds an additionnal security component in case of jammer people like @Petrica :smile:
Thatā€™s why I will link one to my main gateway installation by wire.
You can add a feature request @jxjhheric.

I will put it as an add on to the base installation composed of RF IR BT DHT, currently working on this base installation with @hannesdi, you will have to choose between components, all devices canā€™t be on the same esp as said by Petrica

That is great,This is what I want to say, looking forward to getting this function as soon as possible

Have a look at RFLInk

They cover a lot of RF weather stations

You need an arduino mega as well as RF 433 receiver

I have two nodemcu with fake Hm-10, one is work well, the other is always offline.

Do you know how to get the nodemcu log?
Do you face any problems with the fake Hm-10?

Connect NodeMCU over serial, however if yours is showing offline it might not be a problem from the HM-10 but rather from NodeMCU

From time to time offline, with serial portļ¼Œthat is a little bit difficult, can i save the log from serial port to log.log?
What causes it to be offline? Voltage? Current? I flash the firmware again and again, the same result:persevere

Update: the offline message is from mqtt server
And When I touch the nodemcu or Hm-10 they are still hot as running well

Try to invert the hm10 between the two modemcu to see if it is an hm10 issue or a nodemcu one.

Is there any clever way of identifying devices with RFLink other than looking through HA log? Auto discovery doesnā€™t work with this component.

Domoticz has a very nice view for all devices found :slight_smile:

@1technophile, I may help with the PCB, but Iā€™d like to use the wemos D1 mini as itā€™s what I have right now and I like the small size. Iā€™m just wondering how should be the wiring for them if I choose to do the I2C wiring. Is it possible?

Hello @clyra ,

Ther will be some lite modifications to the i2c wiring, we Will publish them in a few days

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Illegal payload encoding utf-8 from MQTT topic: home/BTtoMQTT/room/CF, Payload: bā€™{ ā€œidā€: ā€œ55586A0\x16\x16\x8b\x96\xa6ā€, ā€œnameā€: ā€œ55586A0\x16\x16\x8b\x96\xa6ā€, ā€œdistanceā€: ā€œ0.00ā€ }ā€™
@1technophile , did I do something wrong?

Hello @1technophile. Great. I will wait. Please, may you announce here when itā€™s done?

Off course !

I have a Wio Node from SeeedStudio, which is based on an ESP8266, and can be flashed with Arduino. they have an HM-11 based BT Groove module. I Have one on order to try. Any idea if this would work?

Hello, it should work, we will be interested by your feedback