.86 Lovelace config x number of lights + dimmer

Hi

Does anyone know how to configure the new Lovelace gui to have a light icon with dimmer control arc slider for a group of light. Same icon as pictured

I’ve built the hookups spot lights but need singular control of all spot LEDs.

anybody help?

cheers

This is a loaded question. You’re missing so much information that’s why people are avoiding helping. With that being said:

How are these spot light devices configured in the system currently? Are they Lights? Switches? Scripts?

point taken and thanks for taking the time to respond.

The LED Spots (5of) are configured as light via mqtt.

I have followed the Hook Ups hardware design here Hook Up Youtube

I have it looking like this at the minute
Spotlights

If i could get a brightness slider across the top of this card to dim all 5 spots then that would be sufficent, although i would like to do the same as previously posted screenshot if possible?

Thanks for your time, hope this sheds some light on what i want to achieve and how its currently configured.

Ah, ok. That helps. So create a light group.

It will create a group that will be a new entity that has an on/off and a brightness slider. This new item will control everything in the group.

Would it be a solution to make a group of the lights above and then just use the group_light as the entity?
Finally use the slider card as mentioned here:

I have added the lights to my groups.yaml already but for some reason it doesnt show in my list of entities (sorry all new to lovelace), would there be a specific reason for the groups not showing, config check didnt throw any errors up

cheers

Can you show us the group code you’ve made?

if he made it a light group, it would appear as the object he took a image of. He wouldn’t need a slider, it would be in the built in light control for lovelace.

@frank451 I’m not sure how to add it in the GUI version of lovelace, as I use the yaml version. I believe this video covers adding items.

https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace

If that doesnt help… I used the demo version to get these screen grabs. It appears to work this way.

thanks petro, exactly what i have tried. i can only add one entity in the light card. And as such my groups.yaml is not read in lovelace (no group entities showing up apart from default all automations all lights and all switches) .

Cant get to my groups.yaml at minute (VPN down to home due to PFSense dying and not had chance to reconfigure yet). Does the new lovelace actually read the groups.yaml? i read it does and doesnt…

If i choose raw editor for lovelace via the gui can i create a group in there? would you happe to have an exmple?

thanks again for your time

If you want a group of lights, just add each light to an entities card. If you want the slider with the light. Have it separate from entities card. If you want anything outside of that, you’ll have to code the yaml yourself. That will require you to swap to lovelace yaml mode and you won’t be able to configure via the UI. There are examples everywhere in the lovelace documentation that I linked in the previous post. Just check out each card. You can also use the home assistant demo and check out the card configurations.