A delay in binary sensor

Hi All,

Me and my friend have new iOS 16.x and suddenly we leave home without leaving home.
I have automations in homekit that will turn on or off a switch.

Those 2 switches are in a sensor: binary_sensor.group_family_manual

My whole house is lean on this sensor to do lot of things when we leave or when we arrive.

- binary_sensor:
    - name: "Group Family Manual"
      unique_id: "3e43a954-abc1-447a-af7c-8f789ba73f2f"
      state: "{{ is_state('input_boolean.helpers_kay_home_homekit', 'on') or is_state('input_boolean.helpers_peter_home_homekit', 'on') }}"
      device_class: presence

Because of the (bug) in iOS I want to have a delay for 15 second. Because when we disconnect from home via Homekit within 10secs where back in the house (arrive).

So can I change the sensor that it will wait 15secs before it will change state?

Use the delay_on option. Set it to '00:00:15' and the binary_sensor will change to on only when the input_boolean’s state changes to on for at least 15 seconds.

1 Like

related?

I don’t think so. It’s not always when it happen. But random and sometimes with my phone sometimes with my friends.

The whole leave arrive action is within homekit. Created 2 automations per person: 1 for leave home and 1 for arrive home. The action is turn on or off a switch. This switch is used in a group. The group is used to manage when we are home.or not.