Aarlo Live Stream

Hello,

Sorry for the stupid questions, I have just recently started using Home Assistant. I am learning as I go. I got your AARLO support installed using the HACS method. I am running on a Virtual Machine, very familiar with virtualization and Ubuntu, but the video I followed had me setup a QCOW2 instance, no clue to be honest what that is, regardless I am running. All seems to be going fine. I am running v2021.1.0 of HA and v0.7.0.5 of the AARLO integration. I installed your lovelace card as well.

Using the card the Cameras show up fine, have not gotten the last motion card to work where I click it and it shows thumbnails, instead it shows a timeline of last motion and just some info. Regardless, current setup when I click a camera it plays back the last motion it detected. Which is fine, if I can configure that to be a button instead or use a button to actually play the live stream either will work. But thus far I have not figured out how to add the image_click: play capability. It is setting up via the UI when I do it with current version, I have the code editor but it doesn’t like that command. I have added stream: to my configuration.yaml but no change. So again, I just wanted to re-iterate that I am very new to HA and learning everyday, and no doubt am doing something simple wrong. But thought I would inquire what the proper fix might be. Thanks so much for all your work. Again still learning, my goal is to maybe get off the ARLO sub plan and just do local recording only with my base stations that have the sd cards in them. Or if there is another option to record to a NAS etc, and still get my people/vehicle detection etc. But again learning.

Thanks for any insight, and I apologize for my ignorance.

Hooch

Sorry for my late reply but I just noticed this post.

To add the image_click: play function you can try this:

• open Home Assistant and go to a page with an Aarlo camera on it.
  • in the top right corner there are 3 dots, click on them and select Edit Dashboard.
  • click Edit directly under the Aarlo card.

You can add the image_click option here.

If you want to get to the thumbnails you need to have captured_today in the show list. You will then get a icon that looks like a file with a video camera on it. Click on that to get to the thumbnail list.

There is no option to record to NAS but it is on my TODO list.

1 Like

The latest release has a new option save_media_to which will download recordings shortly after they complete. You can set that up to write to a directory mounted on your NAS device.

1 Like

Is live streaming still broken for iOS app 0.7.1 beta 3?

It’s working fine on browser like chrome / firefox but can’t get it to work on iOS app or Safari.

Should be ok after beta.3. It’s working for me on beta.5

I can’t get it to work for some reason, I have the below configured for my card, does this look right? I know there has been some changes recently.

#Cameras
          - type: custom:aarlo-glance
            entity: camera.aarlo_front
            name: Front
            play_direct: true
            show:
              - motion
              - snapshot
              - battery_level
              - signal_strength
              - captured_today
              - image_date
            image_click: play
            top_date: true
            top_status: true
            top_title: true
            library_sizes: [1]

Don’t use play_direct: True with Apple, it will return an mpeg-dash stream which iOS doesn’t play.

That’s done the trick, thanks very much. Knew it would be something simple.

Sorry for the confusion. I’ve been tidying that code up recently and I went through a couple of iterations to get it right.

I’ve had another base station and camera pop up on my HA.

It isn’t really a big problem except the base station is connecting and disconnecting every minute. I already have my base added as an alarm entity

It’s coming up as the below.

binary_sensor.aarlo_connected_base_station
binary_sensor.aarlo_connected_front

Hİ,

I just setup the card. It only shows last snapshot. But when i stop, it refresh with actual snapshot. But not the video. I can play on my mobile with ha app but not on chrome or edge

i add
stream:
media_player:

• platform: aarlo
    ffmpeg:
    and user_agent: linux
    to config.
    and card likte this:
type: custom:aarlo-glance
entity: camera.aarlo_mutfak
name: Ada
show:
  - motion
  - sound
  - snapshot
  - battery_level
  - signal_strength
  - captured_today
  - image_date
top_title: true
top_status: true
top_date: true
image_click: play
play_direct: true

Hello,

I just can’t get a live stream on my Arlo camera. The only thing I’m shown is a recording from the library.

Does somebody has any idea?

Hi,
Have the same issue and don’t know what to do!
Have you managed to find a solution?
Thank you in advance!