Abnormal Zigbee-related behaviour after upgrade from 2023.12 to 2024.1.2

Hello,
Since the moment I upgraded my HA platform (HAOS) on RPI, I observe abnormal activities around Zigbee (ccordinator Sonoff 3.0 Dongle Plus) :

• Regularly (several times a day) all Zigbee devices become unavailable (see log file below)
  • Everything turns back operattional in the minute after the occurrence of the problem
  • I never saw these symptoms until the upgrade to 2024.1
  • outside these troubled short periods, everything seems to run smoothly.

Today I installed 2024.1.3 : nothing changed.

Current config :

• Core 2024.1.3
  • Supervisor 2023.12.0 : <<<<< NORMAL that supervisor is still 2023.12 ?
  • Operating System 11.4
  • Frontend 20240104.0

Any hint ?

Thanks, Bernard.

14:13:53 – (ERROR) runner.py - message first occurred at 14:13:53 and shows up 16 times

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved

14:13:53 – (ERROR) /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py - message first occurred at 14:13:53 and shows up 4 times

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved

14:13:53 – (ERROR) /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py - message first occurred at 14:13:37 and shows up 14 times

Watchdog failure

14:13:52 – (WARNING) /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/application.py

Dude, come on, put that error log in pastebin or something…

Also, I had issues with the inital 2024.1, but it was cleaned up with one of the minor updates.

Sorry for the huge log file. I removed it and keep it available on request.

Installing the lasting 2024.1 revision doesn’t fix the problem in my case.
So musst be something different !

Have you tried restoring your backup from 2023.12.x to see if the problem truly is gone in that version and it’s not something else like a chattering device, wifi interference or something else?

Didn’t try this one.
Although I have a backup as per standard upgrade procedure, I have no experience with such rollback process…
I’ve to well prepare myself for this first !
Anythink else to help investigating ? Like activating more tracing…

Thanks for your highly appreciated support !

Restoring is simple, just get a backup of where you are right now and restore that one for a test and then you can restore your current version back. This at least will tell you if it might be an issue in a new release or if it’s something on your end.

Back to share outcome of this issue.
The problem was NOT due to 2024.1.x.
The zigbee network seemed to be put into trouble by the sonoff coordinator or some corruption in the zigbee setup (honestly not 100% sure).
Finally I replaced the Sonoff device by skyconnect : everything now runs very smoothly since more than 1 week.