Abode security cameras

Which WebRTC integration are you using? The WebRTC Camera integration just asks for the URL of go2rtc, which in your case would be http://localhost:1986. The integration doesn’t listen on any ports.

I just checked the “default” WebRTC opttion (no URL). I guess that made it listen on standard ports.

I believe the source of my confusion was that installation instructions for your Add-on require to setup WebRTC Camera integration first when I didn’t know Add-on will be using non-standard port. I’d suggest the port step should be documented.

Anyway, with updated WebRTC config everything just works, thank you!

A quick question - would it be possible to enable/disable camera stream with the Add-on? All my cameras are usually off with Abode script that will turn them on only if there’s an alarm. If I just want to check something on HA, I’ll have to go to Abode application first, enable cameras and only then check the Home Assistant desktop which defeats the purpose of having everything in HA. Can Add-on expose a helper per camera or a service call with camera as a parameter to control the stream?

Possibly! Create an issue on GitHub and I’ll look into it when I have time.

In the meantime, maybe you can do something with automations, or a button in Lovelace that calls the camera.turn_on service.

You’re right, there’s no need for additional feature, the following works (also works for turn_off call)

service: camera.turn_on
data: {}
target:
    entity_id: camera.entrance_camera

Not sure if this is an HA issue or an issue with abode2rtc but upon restart of HA or abode2rtc, my camera names often change, which changes the stream links, which breaks the RTSP link I use for Scrypted. Can you let me know the source used for the camera names when abode2rtc starts? It doesn’t seem to match the HA entity names as they don’t seem to change.

thank you so much for your work on this. I was close to scrapping my abode cams do go with another solution. Do you know if the cloud video subscription with abode is required for the integration to keep working? I’d like to stop paying for abode and go full self hosted with my existing equipment if possible. Thanks!

I don’t believe the subscription is required, but I haven’t tested without it, since I prepaid for a full year. Do let me know if it works without.

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you so much for all the work to make this addon. It is something that many people longed for.
I have configured it and it works well in my two abode cams 2 but it doesn’t work on my abode iota base integrated camera. The /tmp/abode.json file shows the 3 cams:

"cameras": [
      {
        "id": "7283939a4b1b9ebcf45b3ddd11e4959c",
        "idForPanel": "XF:b0c5ca3ae971",
        "mac": "B0:C5:CA:3A:E9:71",
        "kvs": true,
        "smartDetection": true,
        "getSnapshot": true,
        "canStream247": false,
        "facialRecognition": false
      },
      {
        "id": "2109a7fc793ece21fd38ef950a1b9833",
        "idForPanel": "XF:b0c5ca3b95fd",
        "mac": "B0:C5:CA:3B:95:FD",
      },
      {
        "id": "c4c804b1d1cfd280a0b2112007910de6",
        "idForPanel": "XF:b0c5ca39c09f",
        "mac": "B0:C5:CA:39:C0:9F",
      }

But the go2rtc.yaml config file didn’t automatically pick the third camera:

api:
    listen: ":1984"

rtsp:
    listen: ":8554"

webrtc:
    listen: ":8555"
    candidates:
        - stun:8555

hass:
    config: '/config'

log:
    level: info
    streams: trace
    webrtc: trace

streams:
    machine_room: echo:python3 /app/stream.py /tmp/abode.json XF:b0c5ca3b95fd
    extra_camera: echo:python3 /app/stream.py /tmp/abode.json XF:b0c5ca39c09f

So I decided to call the command directly from the container and found it fails. I didn’t go deep in the API response but I am guessing that camera doesn’t use kvs (although the abode.json files says it does):

bc47d723-abode2rtc:/app# python3 /app/stream.py /tmp/abode.json XF:b0c5ca3ae971
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/stream.py", line 14, in <module>
    kvs_data = abode.get_kvs_stream(cam_id)
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/app/abode.py", line 191, in get_kvs_stream
    cam = self.camera(id)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/app/abode.py", line 138, in camera
    return self.by_id(id)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/app/abode.py", line 133, in by_id
    raise KeyError(f"Camera with id {cam_id} not found")
KeyError: 'Camera with id XF:b0c5ca3ae971 not found'

Has anybody run into that and have any idea how to configure the abode_iota camera to work with HA?

Thanks

First, huge thanks to tradel.
I recently asked Abode about whether they’d reconsider opening local RTSP access and the answer was pretty much “Nope, sorry”.

Like relyef, I was experiencing a similar problem when using url as with Error showing at top right.
Changing to use rtsp://192.168.XXX.XXX:8557/ instead shows ‘Loading…’ forever :frowning:

BTW, I see the go2rtc page at :1984, not :1986
None of the entries on 192.168.XXX.XXX:1984 work either

Finally, I’m using HomeAssistant in a VirtualBox container on a server, so I’m not clear on how to get to the files (.yaml, etc.) to troubleshoot.
I can see the config from 192.168.XXX.XXX:1984 and I have logging enabled for the Abode Camera Streaming add-on

In the log I can see this

2024-01-10 21:32:16,021 go2rtc [DEBUG] [streams] skip prod=echo:python3 /app/stream.py /tmp/abode.json XF: error=“webrtc: failed”
2024-01-10 21:32:16,022 go2rtc [ERROR] github.com/AlexxIT/go2rtc/internal/mjpeg/init.go:166 > error=“streams: webrtc: failed”
2024-01-10 21:32:17,844 go2rtc [DEBUG] [streams] can’t stop none producer

for one of the cameras.

Any advice/help?

You’re right, 1986 was a typo. Go2rtc listens on 1984.

Make sure your router is set to allow incoming port forwarding on 8555 to the VirtualBox.

Incredible work on this integration. Huge fan, setup was not tricky at all.

Have a question for any out there:
I mainly run my non-HomeKit supported devices through Homebridge and just keep Home Assistant for a few random things here and there (though at time I think my Kumo Cloud situation might be more stable on HA). So because of that I am using CameraUI on HB to take these feeds and pull in as HKSV. Works awesome and uptime is 95% (occasionally will have 1 of 5 cameras drop off).

Right now I’m pulling specifically an mp4 feed into CameraUI, but I’m never able to get audio to work. I see in the feeds there is an area for 2 way audio, but it seems a little confusing. Curious if anyone has got this to work (I tried just adding on to my existing feed) or if anyone can clarify?

Working excellently on ios and chrome browser. Any suggestions for Fully Kiosk? Keeps saying entity not available.

Looks like Fully does support WebRTC so I’m not sure where the problem might be. Can you get any errors from the JavaScript console? I’m not familiar with how Fully works.

It turns out the ol’ turn it off and turn it on again technique worked like a charm!

Hi,
Great addon for HomeAssistant! Thank you very much, I have 5 abode2 camera feeds working great with home assistant. Takes a little while for them all to load, but then they work great. I’m using a Synology NAS with Home Assistant running in a virtusl machine on it.

I’m just starting to look into using the Frigate Add On and am wondering if these Abode Cam 2 streams can be used with Frigate for object detections and clip recording?
Thank you
tim

has anyone been able to add this via docker? i tried making a custom docker image but wasn’t able to load the integration