DISCONTINUED HA Client - native Android client for Home Assistant

I think (its my opinion) that you must continue your work, because its a good project and for now i found your application the faster of ever for Api Client.
I have developed a different application than a client api, but I find yours really excellent. Sincere congratulations.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! It is a great please to hear that. I have no any planes to stop working on HA Client.

2 Likes

Oh man, I wish someone took your app and the official app and combined them in to the ultimate app.
Your app has a few must have’s, like location tracking and native push messages (the way the official app tries to get us to have HTML5 push messages is really almost laughable). I also absolutely LOVE your cards for state history of binary sensors. Its brilliant, and I wish someone would port it to lovelace.

But, I do believe rendering lovelace with a browser engine is the right approach and the only way to get consistency. I know HA client is a work in progress, but when I put charts on my views its because I want to see charts. When I carefully craft a layout, and that layout gets messed up in so many ways, its hard to want to use it.

If you gave the option to render lovelace as html instead of your native rendering (modern phone are plenty fast, I really cant say I see any difference), your app would be absolutely perfect, I would gladly pay whatever you charge for it.

1 Like

I think it is very good idea to make browser view possible in HA Client. I was thinking about it previously. But there is one show stopper: there is several webview plugins available for Flutter but each of them has some critical issues that makes almost impossible using it in HA Client. I’m following the updates of those plugins and waiting the issues to be solved.

Where can you find info regarding the official app and HTML5? I can’t find anything saying that they want to use that.

please add support for self signed certificate if possible - i’d love to use this app but can’t do it without it

Is it possible to show if the phone is charging?

I’m trying to do it for a long time, but it is not yet possible in Flutter. Once this issue will be solved in framework, I’ll add this to the app.

1 Like

It is possible, but need some development. You can create feature request on github. Thanks.

1 Like

On the Android version of the app, i’m getting ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED whenever I use a CNAME DNS record to connect to HomeAssistant (valid, pointing at my dynamic DNS name, and works from Android browser), but it works if I use the same name, but change it to an A record resolving to the same IP and it connects. Is it expected behavior of the app to only work with direct A records?

Hi @xfallenangelx
I’m afraid you are speaking about an official Home Assistant android app, but this forum is about HA Client - an unofficial native UI for Home Assistant.

HA Client is back to Discord. Welcome: https://discord.gg/u9vq7QE

Great to see new version., not yet in store. Possible to download apk?

Not now. I’m building app bundles, not apk, so it is not so simple to give you an apk. I’ll solve this issue as well but later.

Hi all!
I’m happy to announce that HA Client 1.1.0-beta2 now supports actionable notifications!

Read more

Join/Leave beta testing program

2 Likes

i think flutter cant bypass certificate, but you can use nginx plugin.
It very easy to install and use.

I don’t want to be dramatic, but… Whaaaaat!? HA Client stops development! :disappointed_relieved:

HA Client is, by far, so much faster than official HA App. It is my default client for regular basis, it smoothes things.

As I mentioned here, I wish someday official app is as efficient as yours.

However, thank you very much for all your work, this native app was just amazing.

1 Like

Hi @pove. It is a pleasure to hear that HA Client is really useful for you. Please try an official app once again, it got a lot of improvements recently.
Also I need to say that it takes too much efforts to achieve the same functionality official app has.
Also you can still use HA Client. I think I can give some support to it to fix issues. I’m just stopping to add new functionality for now.

2 Likes