Actual state of mopidy + spotify + HA?

Hi all,

I’m roaming these forums for quite a while now regarding this topic and the more I read, the more I am confused.

I fin threads that say spotify isn’t working with mopidy any more, others seem to be newer and people got it working…pieces of information scattered over time and space…

Can somebody tell me what the current state of this is or point to a current, comprehensive thread here that helps?

What I want to do:

• Use Mopidy to be able to play Spotify as well as local stuff (maybe, no must have).
  • Play to Chromecast devices / gruops (thats the reason for mopidy, missing chromecast sources in HA).
  • Play predefined Spotify playlists to all or any source.

Thank you!

1 Like

bump

Anybody? I thought this topic is quite popular and some here use it…?

You can also use the spotcast custom component to start your spotify on any cast device :slight_smile:

Yay! Just checked on it and it is exactly what I need.

Thanks for your answer, might have saved me a lot of time trying to achieve this another way :slight_smile:

Any chance you can report back on how your setup works? Spotcast only starts playback?

I have spotify connect amp so this looks very promising

I would if I had done it already. But the media panel on my HA is always the last thing I invest time in as that is also nicely controlled through my smartphone.

Had update troubles, now everything is running again. Then I had to replace Snips with rhasspy which was fun but time consuming and now I have to take care for cams and sprinklers before I go to holiday the next time :smiley:

But I hope I will soon find the time to update my media section and of course I will report back when I did.

So what I do know:

I installed Spotccast and defined mine as primary and my wifes as extra account. I created a mini-media-player where I put buttons for my chromecast devices (all / kitchen / linving room) which can be used to transfer sound. Then I added buttons for three of my playlists and one of my wife, where I added the account: option.

I then added five more mini-media-player cards: My Spotify, my wifes Spotify (installed two acocunts with the spotify integration), and all the chromecasts (all group / kitchen / living room).

I set the buttons in the first mini-media to start playback in kitchen as standard.

The other five mini-medias are all conditional cards and will only be shown when something is playing.

Looks like this, when nothing plays:

Playing with my account on all devices:

My wifes Playlist on kitchen device:

However it takes a while until the conditional Spotify media player appears. Dont know what I can do about that. And it seems that timeouts and errors occur when not completely stopping the playback from the first account before selecting the other one, might need some scripting to ensure that.Will take care for that later :slight_smile:

I also just found out that I can mix playlists of me and my wife in one mini-media player but I will have to crate an own speaker selection for her including her account name.

Will start fixing stuff tomorrow :slight_smile: But prro of concept is working.

I think I will permanently show a card for me and my wife with the playlist and speaker buttons and minimal controls and put the chromecast devices conditional on the right site as they appear much faster then the conditional spotify player. No idea why.Maybe I will still leave it as a conditional player on the right hiding everythign but the full cover.

1 Like

Update:

It’s like this now:

or with Palm Greens Theme from the forum:

1 Like