Adafruit I2C soil moisture sensor icw Sonoff TH10

Hi there

I have started a project to optimise my irrigation system based on moisture measurements of the soil.

I have a borehole on my property and I control the booster pump with a Sonoff TH16. I manual control the irrigation based on weather and actual rain but I would like to control it with moisture sensors.

I have tried the capacitive moisture sensor v1.2 icw the Sonoff TH10. However the signal is analog and the Sonoff works digital. So to make it work I need some kind of converter.

So I continued searching and according Tinkerman.cat you can link the Sonoff with I2C sensors. So I went searching and I found the Adafruit I2C capacitive moisture sensor which seems ideal for the job. image

And so my question is: Does anyone has any experience with this sensor icw the Sonoff TH10? Even any kind of experience linking any other sensor except for the humidity and temperature sensors supplied by Sonoff.

The communication between these devices is a bit of a black box to me. Once I have a signal the calibration will not be a big issue to me.

Any ideas are welcome. And of course I like to share my progress…

Did you ever figure this out or get further?

Check my post: Soil moisture sensor icw Sonoff TH10 for garden irrigation.

Read the very end.