ADAX NEO WIFI Modern Electric Wall Heater, Home Automation Heating

I am testing the local interface and I can add the heaters but only one by one. I have to create a new integration for each heater. Is this how it should be?

Even if I have several in “pairing mode” the integration can only find one and I have to start over to find the others and they end up in their “own” integration.

Also, the blue pairing led does not stop to flash even when the heater is pair correctly, do you experience this as well?

/Matte

I don’t use the integration, I use the rest interface istead so I can’t answer your qestion regarding the integration, but regarding:

Also, the blue pairing led does not stop to flash even when the heater is pair correctly, do you experience this as well?

I experience the same when I paired my heaters. I think some stopped flashing after a day or something like that, but you can just turn off the main switch and turn it back on again and it will not flash anymore and it will still be paired.

Okay, I reverted back to cloud control and am waiting for “climate group” to be finished.

Are you able to set temperature on the local display also? It didn’t work for me when I had it in local mode but that maybe also is because of the flashing light/ reboot to fix issue?

I am having issues with the cloud integration. It appears to me that the API may be down or not working. Is anyone else seeing this?

Cloud working for me

Thanks for creating this integration!

Sadly local didn’t work for me on a Raspberry Pi 3b+. The heater was in connection mode (blue light was blinking) and after filling in the Wi-Fi SSID + Password and pressed enter I got: Unknown error occurred.

I couldn’t see anything related in the logs. Bluetooth seems available from Integrations tab under “Devices & Services”.

Anyone else experienced this with a (BT compatible) Raspberry Pi?

For now I’m connected via Cloud, which works fine. But I prefer connecting locally :slight_smile:

P.S. I’m running:
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
And Bluetooth seems to work as I can open a terminal via the “Terminal & SSH” addon and run:

bluetoothctl devices

Which returns expected results.

That issue was fixed in 2022.11

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your work!
Could you please clarify if only the adax new wifi heaters with both wifi and bluetooth can integrate with home assistant? I read that was the case the past years but couldn’t understand if the recent changes/additions in local management apply for heaters without bluetooth.

I am looking to buy adax wifi heaters and don’t want to mess with the models to use with HA.
If the heaters are without bluetooth can they be added to home assistant through cloud?

Edit:

My questions are not so relevant anymore.
Found out that adax neo wifi comes in two versions. The first generation (made before mid 2020) comes with wifi only thermostat. The second generation (made after end 2020) comes with wifi and bluetooth. If you have a 1st gen you can just replace just the thermostat with a new one (it has a clip and can be replaced easily).

I have added some Adax heaters (local) and everything works as expected, but I can’t add any of the heaters to the “Energy” dashboard. I suspect that there are some properties that are not implemented in the Adax integration. “Adax” does not show up in the drop-down menu.

Does anyone know if this is a coming feature? Is there a workaround?

I am using HASS OS version 2023.1.2

Adax API does not provide any energy data

Ok Daniel, thank you. The Adax app displays the used energy, but I suspect this is “fake” information. I think the heaters return the number of heating minutes. I have to specify the power for each heater in the app. The app then calculates the energy by multiplying the power of that heater with the number of heating minutes.

This means that the heaters can return the number of heating minutes, but this information is not recognized by the Adax integration in HA. HA can only read the current temperature and set the desired temperature. So I think I cannot do anything about it.

Hi @Mike56

Can I suggest that you email Adax Support <[email protected]> to make a feature request to expose the energy data via the public API?

I have done so already, and whilst Adax did not commit to doing this, it is on their radar, and the more people ask for it the more likely they will be to deliver. They did suggested it may be a paid option though :thinking:

Feature request made! I will make a post in this thread if I hear something from them

1 Like

Heaters on local API do send energy data (as I have already mentioned in this thread) but it is always zero (seems like something has to be configured but I don’t know) it is not in the documentation and it is only heaters with pretty new SW that do send it. I guess since it is added to the response there should be some kind of logic behind it. I have sent mail to Adax with questions regarding this but I did not get any answer what so ever.

Thank you mickejo for the information.

I try to connect my heater to HA by selecting “Cloud”. The HA app wants me to enter “Account ID”. Someone wrote earlier in this thread that I should find the account id in the account section in the Adax app. I can’t find it there. I log in to the Adax app by using my email address. Does anybody know how to find the Id?

I found the id. Sorry for spamming the thread!

Got an answer from Adax regarding energy and power in the local API

“These fields are not for public use, they are used by specific integrations with smart home devices and are not possible to use in user local API.”

I guess the question is whether adax are willing to make the energy data available in the public API at some time in the future… :thinking:

Hi,

I’ve managed to get my heater connected to HA using the local integration but the device’s only HVAC state attribute is ‘Heat’, there is no ‘Off’ Attribute. Is this expected behaviour or am I doing something stupid?

When I had it connected via the cloud integration I had heat and off as states and could toggle between them to turn the device on and off.

Thanks for the help!

An Adax heater has one entity i HA. It is called “climate.myheatername”. I connect it to the Mushroom Climate Card (available from HACS). I can see the current temperature. I can set set the temperature by clicking the “+” and “-” buttons and I can turn the heater on and off. This work both in local and cloud mode. The default card also works the same way, but in my opinion, the Mushroom card looks nicer.