Add ability to store sensor data in VictoriaMetrics

Home Assistant supports storing sensor data in InfluxDB. It would be great adding support for VictoriaMetrics as well. It accepts data in Influx line protocol, so it can be used as drop-in replacement for InfluxDB on data ingestion path. As for query path, VictoriaMetrics supports Prometheus querying API and can process PromQL queries via Prometheus datasource for Grafana.

PromQL is usually better suited for practical purposes comparing to InfluxQL and Flux - google for promql for beginners.

Additionally, VictoriaMetrics is faster than InfluxDB and requires less RAM.

5 Likes

I too was looking for this integration, but after some investigation HomeAssistant has the ability already. Since VictoriaMetrics can scrape a Prometheus exporter you can just setup the existing Prometheus integration from within HomeAssistant and setup VictoriaMetrics to use this source.

4 Likes

I was looking to set up InfluxDB but am now considering VictoriaMetrics.

According to this thread on the unmaintained InfluxDB add-on VictoriaMetrics should be compatible with both the prometheus and influxdb integrations. Which one to choose, I’m not sure. Anyone got opinions on this?

There seems to be an add-on ready and maintained as well, based on that same thread. Interested to hear if someone tried it yet.

I added documentation to the add-on of how to configure Home Assistant and influxdb integration to set everything up in a few minutes and have fun with Grafana. Would be great to get some feedback here:

1 Like

Published a new version of the homeassistant victoriametrics addon:

2 Likes