Add back removed zigbee device

Hey,

I’m using zigbee2mqtt and Mosquittor boker.

I’ve added a few Mi Smart Plug zigbee devices with no problems. Just kept the button pressed for 5s on the Smart Plug and the devices appeared in Configuration > Devices section.

But I’ve removed one of Smart Plug device (deleted it from Devices section in HA) and now I can’t add it back.

This removed Plug has the LED turned blue when I start it.
I can also see it in with MQTT Explorer under /zigbee2mqtt/ tree node.
But it does not appear in MQTT Explorer under /homeassistant/switch/ tree node, like the devices that are add in HA.

So I guess this device does communicate with MQTT, but it’s just “blacklisted” in Home Assistant (becase I’ve removed).

Syncing Zigbee again by long pressing the button of this deleted Plug does not help: it just won’t appear in HA interface under Devices.

How can I add it back in HA?

force_remove from zigbee2Mqtt. Reboot. re-pair with zigbee2mqtt.

How do I force_remove from zigbee2mqtt?

Either use zigbee2mqttassistant, or do it manually :

To force remove a device use the following topic: zigbee2mqtt/bridge/config/force_remove

I’m a noob.

Can you give me some docs link or step by step to do this:

To force remove a device use the following topic: zigbee2mqtt/bridge/config/force_remove

Go to developer tools -> mqtt

Next to payload you enter the friendly_name of your device, then click on publish

1 Like

That worked. Thank you.

Was Supervisor > System > Reboot actually needed (maybe as a shortcut to restart mqtt and zigbee2mqtt services)?

Or would Configuration > Server Controls > Restart be enough?

A reboot is safest, since zigbee2mqtt re-initializes the CC2531 at that moment.

1 Like