Add Ledvance Smart+ BT Bluetooth

That’s phenomenal! Any chance you’ve tested whether it keeps working across power loss/reboots?

Any possibility of adding the function to change color?

Awesome :rocket:

Thank’s for sharing your work :+1:

Did you also try to get this working with(in) esphome or are there technical difficulties not allowing this (easily)? :thinking:

It looks like esphome does not really have an implementation for BLE Mesh yet
https://github.com/esphome/feature-requests/issues/1671

1 Like

If you mean restart of the ESP, that works fine. The state is stored in the flash of the ESP so it reconnects to the BLE Mesh network after a restart.
What is still not perfect is that if HA restarts, you have to manually send again the config mqtt message so that the entities appear in HA. I did not have time to code that part but it should be relatively easy as HA sends a message when the mqtt service is started

Hey. Could you explain how you did that?

I accidentally upgraded the firmware on my ledvance G50 globe, and after that it is no longer recognizable by apple homekit. Apparently it has upgraded from BLE to Sig Mesh. Now, I desperately wanna go back to the previous firmware. Looks like you have done this before and would appreciate it if you teach me how.

Did anyone get the colors working? Nordic devzone says the nrfmesh app doesn’t support all mesh models like HSL.

Wondering what the best approach is - the Sylvania app is OK but I don’t know if I can export keys and have it working in multiple devices + homeassistant.

I can export the nrfmesh setup and import it into another device but the new device doesn’t work until I plug/unplug the lamp. I don’t know if BLE mesh can work with multiple phones/servers controlling the same lamp or group.

Docker/Bluetooth mesh would be good but my server may be too far to work reliably.

@Ultraworg any idea if your code would be easy to port/add to esphome/Tasmota/OMG?

Hi guys,
I have two of the W27 filament bluetoth bulbs(https://www.ledvance.com/consumer/products/smart-home/smart-lamps/smart-bluetooth/smart-classic-filament-lamps-with-bluetooth-technology/classic-bulb-shape-with-filament-style-with-bluetooth-technology-c6328), but i guess the boxes went to trash, I didn’t realise i would need the qr code to add them to homekit. Does anyone have the qr code they can share to add them to homekit?
Thanks

What exactly do you need from the app? I have managed to reverse engineer the telink ble mesh app and also the NRF app.