Add multiple entities as trigger

Hello,

first of all I really like the new blueprint feature. It’s a great way to exchange new ideas/automation to each other.

Currently I try to create my first blueprint and share it with you.

I like to use this trigger in an blueprint. The user should be able to select multiple entities in the selector. In this example “media_player.badezimmer” and “media_player.wohnzimmer”

trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id:
    - media_player.badezimmer
    - media_player.wohnzimmer
    attribute: volume_level
    above: '0.37'

In general it seems to be impossible to add multiple entities via one entity-selector in a blueprint.
Is there currently an solution to add an selector which allow the user to add multiple entities? For the target this is possible via the target-selector.

Thanks in advance

Nico

I’m looking for the same thing. Found out you can’t use target in the trigger. :frowning:

Just published my blueprint with this in the user instructions

Thank you for your reply.

I found a workaround for my problem. You can use a comma separated list for multiple entities as a trigger. As you can see here: Media Player - Volume limit

The only downside is, that you can’t use a selector for it.

Thank you! I’ll note the comma suggestion when I publish the blueprint.

1 Like

I hope this workaround will work for your blueprint as well, but it looks pretty simular.

Hopefully they will add an selector for multiple entities soon.

I’ve seen this used elsewhere and it’s a very ‘user-unfriendly’ workaround.

The user must type the entities from memory. They can peek at the selector’s menu for reference but must type the entities without introducing spelling errors. If they make the mistake of selecting an entity from the menu, it overwrites everything they may have already typed. Everything about this workaround is opposite to the intended convenience of using a selector.

A multi-select Entity Selector is sorely needed.

1 Like

See my reply here. May be of use or may be able to be modified.

You can now use a entity selector with multiple set to true in your blueprint.
So you can select MULTIPE entities to trigger your blueprint without needing multiple selectors.

Thank you for your reply. I also noticed it some month ago and already modified my blueprint:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/media-player-volume-limit