Add on: RTSPtoWeb and RTSPtoWebRTC

Indeed that’s the link … and do you manually add this stream to the RTSPWeb addon?
I can add it in the RTSPWeb addon interface itself where there stream is available. However I don’t see it available in HA.

I’m using the Eufy Security addon, which creates a camera entity for the camera, however there is no live image available, as it seems Eufy limits it to a couple of minutes.

Thats why I want to add the RTSP stream directly to the RTSPWeb addon interface, where it works and then putt the live stream available in HA. But no idea to do that last step?

It works the other way, add it in home assistant. What url is the integration using? If it’s not giving you the :+1: ght rtsp stream url, why is that? The other way is to add a generic camera for it in home assistant

Still having same problem that not get it to work with Google Nest Camera’s … anybody have any tips? :slight_smile:

I use it with nest. What’s the problem you have? How far did you get in the above steps in the post? Did the instructions in video help?

Same problem here with my tapo c200 camera.

1 Like

Glad to know this is not only happening to me. I hope it gets sorted out soon. Do let me know if you figure out a way to solve it. I’ll do the same. Cheers!

1 Like

I have one question. While viewing cameras on a PC, the preview is loaded and the camera is displayed immediately. There is no auto-play in the HA application for android. I have to press Play to see the camera view. Can you somehow force autoplay like it does on a pc?

@allenporter I followed all the steps as in the video, my problem is that the image stays black with infintive loading symbol, the stream never loads, I also did share some of the logs in my post above

Oh I see, sorry lost that you had previously replied. The crash you mentioned is being track here https://github.com/deepch/RTSPtoWeb/issues/89

I would suggest or stick with LL HLS in the mean time as a workaround.

@allenporter I will follow up on that link to see if there comes a fix for the problem… Hope you can find a fix soon… Thanks!

@allenporter Since I updated to 2022.3 (and subsequently 2022.3.1), I am getting this error message in lovelace:

Failed to start WebRTC stream: RTSPtoWeb server failure: stream channel codec not ready, possible stream offline: Internal server error

I see this in the logs:
Logger: homeassistant.components.camera
Source: components/camera/init.py:899
Integration: Camera (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:13:03 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:13:03 AM

Error handling WebRTC offer: RTSPtoWeb server failure: stream channel codec not ready, possible stream offline: Internal Server Error

I have the addon and integration set up and so far using it with just my Nest doorbell camera. It was working relatively well before yesterday when I updated to 2022.3.

Edit: I’m only now noticing that it’s working locally but not when accessing home assistant remotely. Does the addon/integration only work when accessing home assistant locally?

2 Likes

Are you saying that if you downgrade to the old version it works? Nothing has changed in the add-on or integration in this release that I’m aware of so I’m trying to understand.

Edit: I see your edit now saying it’s a remote issue. See earlier discussions in this thread about remote access, port forwarding, etc.

Hello!

I’m still getting only glitched green feeds as shown some days ago in this thread and have no clue on how to solve this.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried reducing the streaming quality of the feed?

Hello @moto2000,

Yes I have. I switched to the camera’s lower res entities which are 720p but the same happens:

I really don’t know what else to do…

Hey guys,

I’m think of switching from Alex’s addon to this one because after each HA update the rtsp breaks. Also, he doesn’t release any new versions or releases, you have to refresh everytime with the master (kinda a bummer).

In terms of performance, do you see anything that increase on terms of CPU or RAM compared to Alex’s addon? Since you make a server and all, maybe there’s more strain?

Thanks all!

I’m using a personal domain with NGINX reverse proxy to access Hass OS at https://example.com

When I install this addon and click on Open Web UI it tries to open http://example.com:8083

That doesn’t work, but I can open the Web UI at: http://55.55.55.55:8083 It doesn’t autopopulate the streams list, but I can add them manually.

I can install the RTSPtoWebRTC integration configured to http://55.55.55.55:8083

After that I’m stuck. The only cameras I see in HA are the ones added by my frigate integration.

Where am I going wrong?

This uses existing camera configuration from home assistant, you don’t need to add to RTSPtoWeb server. I recommend you check out the video in the first post.

I went through the video. My picture-glance cards are still showing Preload video The RTSPtoWeb UI is not populating as shown here

The only reason I played around with adding a manual stream is to see that the server was working.

I forwarded 8083 on my router and I can get to the Web UI with example.com:8083 but it’s still not working. I was wondering if being behind Nginx Proxy Manager could be the problem.

It sounds like step #4 in the original post didn’t work and the integration is not loaded correctly. If you are using the add-on there is no need to configure the integration manually, it should just get automatically detected and work. You don’t need to access the web ui port directly, so nothing to do with port forwarding, proxy manager, or router, so no need to keep exploring that path. If you follow the steps in the video it should work, but it sounds like perhaps you’re taking a different path at one of the steps?