Add-on store - addons not available

Hi everyone! Glad to be part of this community!

Can someone help on this:?

I’ve installed hassio on my helios4 NAS from armbian-config tool. It installs using docker. When I click the hass.io tab and then go to add-on store, all the options are grayed and unavailable to install.

On the logs I have this:

19-04-08 22:01:06 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker.interface] Attach to homeassistant/armhf-homeassistant with version 0.91.2
19-04-08 22:01:06 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.arch] Can’t detect underlay machine type!
19-04-08 22:01:06 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons.git] Clone add-on https://github.com/hassio-addons/repository repository

Any clue what’s going on?

Thank you very much for your time.

Like the error states, it cannot detect your machine architecture type.
You will not likely get much help since you have an unsupported installation,

Hi, I did a docker inspect and the result is:

"OnBuild": null,
	"Labels": {
		"io.hass.arch": "armhf",
		"io.hass.type": "homeassistant",
		"io.hass.version": "0.91.2"
	}

No “io.hass.machine”.
What can I do? Can I emulate one since this architecture is a Marvell Armada 388 SOC.

Thank you!

If the CPU architecture is not “armhf” you would need to modify the program so it also works on that CPU architecture.
Otherwise, use a different computer with an “armhf” architecture CPU.

A third choice is to use a different, compatible program to provide that functionality.

The architecture is armhf:

“io.hass.arch”: “armhf”

The addons I have seen are armv7 for my Pi.

Perhaps your OS is 64-bit? I believe armv7 is 32 bit only.

I have the same issue on my ArchLinuxARM server. I managed to install the hassio-supervisor and homeassistant images and everything’s running fine. I used the armv7 architecture, but my guess is addons are not available because they are generic images.
armv7 or armhf images are not design for a specific hardware, and that could explain why we have “None” in the machine type. Addons seem not only to check the architecture, but also the machine type (raspberry, etc…)

I thought you can install Hassio on Raspian which is armv7
You got me curious now.

I’m deploying HASSIO on an Odroid-U3 board (armv7) which runs ArchLinuxARM. I thought it would make sense to run armv7 images. Here is my /etc/hassio.json

{
“supervisor”: “homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor”,
“homeassistant”: “homeassistant/armv7-homeassistant”,
“data”: “/usr/share/hassio”
}

I haven’t investigated but this could explain why I obtain “None” as machine type, which leads to reject installation of addons.

That leads to the question of how Hassio (supervisor?) determines the machine type. I remember reading about somebody who customized /etc/hassio.json changing the data path. Apparently on at least one upgrade it ignored the change & used the default path, breaking their installation.

Yes, good question. I used the hassio_install script which determine the machine type.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/master/install/hassio_install
If you read the install script I used, the script asks for the machine type because arch only is ambiguous.

So I guess the machine type may be hardcoded in the different docker images and maybe set the $MACHINE variable.
Here are the install instructions:

Supported Machine types

• intel-nuc
  • odroid-c2
  • odroid-xu
  • orangepi-prime
  • qemuarm
  • qemuarm-64
  • qemux86
  • qemux86-64
  • raspberrypi
  • raspberrypi2
  • raspberrypi3
  • raspberrypi3-64
  • tinker

When using a armv7-homeassistant image, it’s considered as “generic” and not directly supported. I think we should use the closest raspberry image, regarding our boards arch.
Make sense?

Hi guys!
Thank you for your feedback.
I’ve managed to make it work specifying the machine as raspberrypi2

-m raspberrypi2

Now, everything is working as expected :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just going to suggest that :wink:

Thank you!

link is broken