Add on store does not show in front-end

Yeah I got it in win scp but I cannot get it in notepad++

I don’t understand. You are editing the file using notepad++ from Winscp? If you can’t save it is a permissions issue. The steps I listed give you the permissions you need.

Hi can i weigh in here… i am noobie and was beaten by Home Assistant on Ubuntu and already have a virgin install (plus apt update and upgrade) ubuntu 16.04 on an old laptop and don’t have a raspberry pi. So I have finally got something that looks like it will fly in HASS. IO on Docker. All apparently good thanks to Adrian’s youtube on BurnsHA the service is up and also restarts on rebooting. Easiest to make progress. But after all seemed soo good… there is a blank page on the ADD-ON STORE and SYTEM tabs in Hass.io on the web browser.The DASHBOARD tab shows only that "You have no add-ons installed yet. Head over to the add-on store to get started! - but the link in that dialog only goes to the ADD-ON STORE tab, which shows its blank page. -Without the Add-ons in HASS. IO to provide some configurable and secure proper I/O, its all a bit of a brick (i think).

I tried to do some stuff as referred t here above, but… where is the ‘advanced settings’ and the Supervisor restart? And ‘whereis configuration.yaml’ (so i might edit that and find something to do with ‘discovery’ and something else mentioned in another thread) gets me knowwhere.

I tried to reinstall with curl -sL fom githubusercontent but it ended really quick - i believe becasue it found everything all ‘in place’. So how ould i un-install so i could re-install?

Where now pls, if someone might be so kind… ?
Many thanks
Greg

I too am having the same problem with blank tabs on a fresh install of Hass.io running HA 65.6. I’m re-flashing my SD with Etcher in the hopes that something went wrong the 1st time and will be solved by re-flashing?..

Quick details of what i’ve done until now- and how far its got me.

skinneedog and i are in the same boat with the addons it seems. But i’m on x86 Laptop with Ubuntu 16.04 so format the sd and reflash isn’t on the (hehuuummm) cards.

Found configuration.yaml, edited enough to get my tasmota 4ch at least showing as switches in the overview Yeeehhhhhhh!!!. And i also got my Onkyo AV-receiver to switch off at the very first attempt from HA!!! I’m a noobie let me celebrate the small things!

but add-ons:
Only once, after restarting so as to load the onkyo Device, selecting Add-on Store, without showing any inital add-ons or sources it did get me a page where it asked for other locations (URL) for repository and i duly entered the github hassio repository url in full … HASS flashed the ADD button red momentarily when i pressed it and otherwise completely ignored me and did nothing with the URL - it just sat there. There is a config.json file in hassio that does have the github addon repository url and i would hazard a guess the resources are all available to HASS - but its not using them. None of the built-in add-ons are presented let alone those that may be sourced from terceros…

The SYSTEM tab on the HASS…IO frontent browser tab is also completey blank, and all is precisely the same on another browser on a windows laptop, no addons, no ‘system’ tab content.

…since loading my switches and onkyo device, the HA service is all good with the Onkyo and the MQTT apparently present and correct. Just want the addons so i can get SSL and the frontend configuratoreror.

Home Assistant 0.65.6, ubuntu 16.04 LTS 32bit, 1GB RAM Celeron 420 @1.6GHz. WiFi LAN and 3G hispeed internet.

Hope its not TL;DR
Greg

I had the same problem but found it was only an issue with Firefox. All tabs show with Chrome browser.

I am using windows with HA and bowsers up to date.

Jim

i haven’t been able to confirm its a browser problem. Firefox on Ubuntu and firefox 47.0 on windows7 adiitionally, i resorted to MS Internet Explorer 11.0.9600 (same windows) and all present exactly the same - as above.

i am not going the Chrome route. (Google are as much my blacklist as Unilever, Boots and so far as is possible Nestlé etc. - i won’t do anything more than i must to patronise them. To do more than i possibly can seems to licence Them to do even more to boost their respective empires funded by … me).

… does that mean HA is for Chrome only? And so i have to go do openHAB?

This is a recent ‘feature’ with 0.65. I suggest patience, and/or opening an issue on github. You can try Firefox ESR (the long term stable release). It worked for me on MacOS.

Does refreshing the browser tab help?

Thanks dap. For completeness, i installed Opera browser for windows and that works and presents all good - including the System tab, so i have also found the settings ‘Supervisor’ too!

Since then i’ve done the ssh add-on and that doesn’t in the firs instance work. https browser reports the HA site does not provide secure access… But thats the next problemita for me to resolve.

Many thanks

1 Like

Disable adblock :wink:

None solution works for me

Same question as in other thread… what version of HA are you running?

0.75.0 of hassio

OK so there’s like 50 threads on it not working in 0.75.0

Do you have ssh access? Are you on ResinOS or HassOS

I had same issue with 0.75.0 … did reload a previous snapshot (v.0.74.1) where i know it worked … did upgrade to 0.75.1 and all works fine

yeah, I don´t think we´ll come to a solution, sadly.
I was developing, so I forgot to enable all the start on boot.
No access at all, only the front-end

ResinOS or HassOS???
Either way there is a solution

I have HassOS

ok so you need to create an authorized_keys file and put it on a USB stick with the volume label CONFIG and restart the pi. Then you can ssh in and update to 0.75.2 which fixes it
Unless you already have the ssh addon configured?

It is configured, but doesn´t start on boot