Add SpaceX / NASA JPL sensor for upcoming launches

Would love to see a sensor that is able to activate upon being within 24 hours / 12 hours / 2 hours, etc of a upcoming launch so that someone could have a push notification, change hue lights colors, etc etc if a launch is coming up or be able to reply to the notification with a command to put that stream on the tv’s in the house, whatever. I’m sure many people here can come up with good or better ideas on the actual execution of it. I’d just love to see something like this implemented, rather than having to be lucky enough to catch one coming up by looking at twitter at the right time or hearing from a friend, etc.

Silly question: have you thought about a scrape sensor?
Just had a quick look and SpaceX appears realively easy as the launches are tagged with class="launchdate"
[EDIT]
The site I found is not SpaceX but appears to cover many launches: https://spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/

I don’t really know programming or coding or whatever so a lot of that just went right over my head, just trying to figure out the way to word stuff in the files that control HA has been a struggle, I just thought if someone made a sensor that is similarly as point and click and easy to use as the few I’ve installed through the hass.io add on store it’d be helpful, just wanted to throw it out there as an idea for those smarter than me about this stuff to consider if they’re making something new, as I thought there’d be quite a few other fellow space launch lovers here who might find the idea neat.

I’ve just written some little tutorial about spacex integration. Maybe it’s helpful for you: SpaceX sensors: Starman and next rocket launch

1 Like

Will check it out, thanks! Wish someone could make it something easily installable within HA or perhaps HACS, since it seems more suited to be a HACS thing. I don’t know programming and all that stuff, so I’ll poke around with this and hope for the best, since it seems the launch library sensor built in to home assistant is no longer working / giving bad data now.