IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

Have you found that Home assistant does not properly restart from the Config menu when running this component?
Recently I have found my instance does not. And in the logs it looks like after I click the restart button the only log entries are from this Intesis component

Hi,
Is it possible to get Power Consumption thru the component ?

/donnib

Hi,

I just setup this component, but I am getting the following error in the log file.

2018-07-29 23:38:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component intesishome
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 146, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/intesishome.py”, line 38, in setup
from pyintesishome import IntesisHome
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pyintesishome’

Hey @datzent83, I got the component working from that same error by just copying pyintesishome.py from /config/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/ directly into /config/deps/ (GL trying that)

Heres hoping @jnimmo sees @grischard 's PR and they continue to polish this extremely useful component.

Thanks! I got it working. How do I show the temp in F? Right now it shows C.

donnib,

Would be nice, but the IntesisHome API does not support this:

Martin

Hi,

What have you got deployed? The fix I posted a while back still working for me on .81

I just updated to the latest version .82 and now I am getting an error below.

Error during setup of component intesishome
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 148, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/intesishome.py”, line 48, in setup
hass.async_add_job(async_load_platform(hass, ‘climate’, DOMAIN))
TypeError: async_load_platform() missing 2 required positional arguments: ‘discovered’ and ‘hass_config’

They made what turned out to be a breaking change in HA around some of the functions supporting component loading.
This is the change I made that got it working again: https://github.com/bradleyscott/home-automation/commit/67a065fe31e73560b5a261ade16b1c5c4006e587

1 Like

This is great! Now its back up and running. Thanks! Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

The component seems to be working fine, however, the target temperature is in celsius and the current is in fahrenheit. My congratulation file is set to imperial. Is it my setup or that’s the component?

Does anyone have any idea why the target temp is in Celsius while the current temperature is in Fahrenheit?

Here you have an updatet repo (https://github.com/rubenzori86/IntesisHA )wit original python version modified with some recovered features:

• can use secrets.yaml
  • recovered fan operation mode

tested on 0.82.1

1 Like

Can you explain what that means?

Sure, on the first fix from tehbrd when jnimmo abandoned project, he didn’t enabled fan mode on climate gui. I reenabled it.

1 Like

Great. Works for me.

My heater has 6 levels (5+auto) and the old component died if it was las on highest - the new component works even if it does not know the 6th level. It just does not show what the current level is, that is ok with me. :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m using @rubenzori86 script (thank you very much) and it works fine to me except for two issues. The first is that when I go to Lovelace, the temperature selector appears but not the mode selector. The other one is that it does not seem to work correctly when using it from Homekit. It’s curious that I can turn on the device or change the temperature but not turn it off or change the operating mode. It seems that the state does not refresh well.
Has anyone else had these problems?
Thanks in advance.

I also experience this but I haven’t looked into why yet. Oddly, it used to work with Google Home. You could turn on / off and I think set up the modes. But at some point it stopped working

Mine seems to work to fine but with some issues that I wondered if anyone could help with:

• The fan speed seems to off by one. Quiet mode in HomeAssistant = Low in Intesis, Low in HomeAssistant = Medium in Intesis, Medium in HomeAssistant = High in Intesis. Auto and Quiet in HomeAssistant just reset themselves to Medium in HomeAssistant after a minute or so.
  • Temperature and Mode works perfectly.
  • If I use it with Homekit, then it none of the modes work for turning it on/off. Only the temperature change works.

Hello, I have some errors since the new version of HA (0.88.2). When intesishome starts I have the following message (see at the end). As requested in the error message, I copied “intesishome.py” from climate to intesishome/climate.py but still have the same error message. Nevertheless, Intesishome is working fine sofar even with all these warnings. Anyone has an idea how to fix this ?

"2019-03-05 08:50:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.intesishome.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 147, in _load_file
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 986, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 969, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 953, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ImportError: No module named ‘custom_components.intesishome.climate’; ‘custom_components.intesishome’ is not a package
2019-03-05 08:50:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for climate.intesishome which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to d$
2019-03-05 08:50:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change climate/intesishome.py to intesishome/climate.py. This will stop working soon.
2019-03-05 08:50:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.intesishome.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 147, in _load_file
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 986, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 969, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 953, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ImportError: No module named ‘custom_components.intesishome.climate’; ‘custom_components.intesishome’ is not a package
2019-03-05 08:50:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change climate/intesishome.py to intesishome/climate.py. This will stop working soon.
"