Add support for Levoit Classic 300S Smart Ultrasonic Top-Fill Cool Mist Humidifier in the VeSync integration

Hello!

I’m trying to follow this thread so that I can have my Levoit Classic 300S humidifier in HA; however, I can’t seem to be able to find the integration. I’ve done the following:

1. Download and Extract GitHub - formatBCE/HA_VeSync_Classic300s to /config/custom_components/
  2. Reboot HA

I’ve ensured I have the following root directory: config/custom_components/vesync_formatbce
Restarted HA and I don’t see the integration in the list (besides the VeSync one)

When looking at the logs, I see this:

2022-01-31 15:57:00 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration vesync_formatbce which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

Hmm, you seem to do everything right.
That log is usual for all third-party integrations (e.g. that ones in custom_components folder), which means that HA loaded it.
Can’t really say, what’s wrong. Maybe, browser cache or something.

Can you reboot once more and then check with another browser?

Also, just for HA sanity testing: do you have another custom integrations there? Can you install one from HACS, for example, and see if you can find it in list?

1 Like

@formatBCE Thank you so much!!! I was banging my head against the wall and the one thing that nobody had mentioned before… “try another browser” hahaha

For anyone reading this… keep that in mind, I was able to make it work jus trying from a fresh browser

@formatBCE Now that my integration is working with the Levoit Humidifier Classic 300S, I noticed that I’ve only have 3 entities:

1. Humidifier ON/OF - Humidity target
  2. Humidifier Display (on/off)
  3. Humidifier Night Light (on/off)

Is there a way to control the following:

1. Humidifier Mode
  2. Other data as shown in @Kertz1954 post:
    Add support for Levoit Classic 300S Smart Ultrasonic Top-Fill Cool Mist Humidifier in the VeSync integration - #31 by Kertz1954

I’m glad it worked :slight_smile:

Yes, all humidifier-related things (target humidity, mode etc.) are state attributes of humidifier entity itself.
You may find them via Developer Tools → state of humidifier.
You can set that options from automation/service (humidifier.set_mode for example), or make template sensors for that fields, if you want them as separate entities.
Or use click on humidifier from Lovelace, and there you are, target humidity and mode are there for you.

Thank you for building this and sorry for the basic question, but I can’t get this working… here’s what I did:

1. Clicked the link you provided here
  2. Clicked the green “Code” button
  3. Selected “Download Zip”
  4. After the download completed, I unzipped the directory “HA_VeSync_Classic300s-main”
  5. Within that directory is one titled “vesync_formatbce”
  6. I copied this “vesync_formatbce” directory and all of the files within it to my home-assistant/custom_components directory
  7. I restarted Home Assistant
  8. I then open Configuration, click “+ Add Integration” and search VeSync… and there’s nothing there other than the official green VeSync integration.

Is there something I need to do to get Home Assistant to look at this new integration repo? I’ve looked in HACS also… Sorry and please help!

1 Like

Hey!
I guess we had something similar here before.
Could you please reboot HA once more, and then try launch interface from different browser?
Last time someone had similar thing, and it was related to cache.

Of course! I should have done that. Fixed. Thank you!!

1 Like

Any thoughts about making this compatible with HACS? Would make it easier to install and update.

First I need to merge with official integration - guys done a lot of things there, mine are just quick dirty patches here.
Would be actually good to make pull-request to main repo, but all of it requires a fair amount of time, which I don’t really have now…

I can confirm, I have the same problem as you. I followed this whole topic. Also tried debugging from pyvesync. Same results. Also LUH-D301S-WEU.

2 Likes

Let’s hope it will be added to pyvesync shortly, so we could add it here too.

2 Likes

They added today!

I see they added description, but no new release yet…
Without new release (like, version change to 1.4.3) pip and HA won’t be able to update library with new code, so it won’t work.
We had similar issues before:)

So let’s wait for new release number.

Works like a charm, thanks for your work.

1 Like

Hello,

After hours of trying to get this to work, I finally have the vesync_formatbce integration in my list. However, the integration is not finding my two devices, or any entities listed under the integration (neither did the built in vesync integration find any).

The only issue I can think of that may be causing the problem is that I have a Plasma Pro 400s, which is identical to the Core 400s, except that the Plasma Pro has an ionization feature. The manufacturer (Levoit) was contacted and stated this fact.

Is it possible that the name of the Plasma Pro is different from the Core when it reports the name to the API and is preventing the integration from finding the devices? I have two Plasma Pro’s on my account, and neither is showing in the integration.

If this is the case, can the name of the Plasma Pro be added to the integration? I’m not even sure how to find the name that is reported to the API.

Thank you for all your help!!

Hey!

Yes, AFAIK, this device is not yet supported by pyvesync library. You may ask in their GitHub to add it (you’ll need device name) - developer is really responsive guy.
It also, however, may happen, that despite device features are identical, it is using different API. For now, as I know, there’s two different API services available for Levoit. If so, pyvesync development will take more time and effort…

Anyway, integration into HA is possible only after there’s new version of pyvesync with device support. Unfortunately, there’s no other way.

Cheers!

Thank you for the information and the lightning-fast reply!! HA would be too complicated without people like you!!

Thanks for kind words!

P.S.
You’ve created issue in HA integration repo. My bad, I didn’t post the link to library.
Did it there, duplicating here:

:wink:

Thank you very much for this integration! I got it to work without any effort (Levoit Classic 300s)
I am curious if it is possible to show the current humidity (so not the one that it is set to reach, but the one that it is right now (live).

Is this possible? The unit is showing it and the app is showing it, so the data must be there?
Maybe I am missing an entity?

I hope someone can help me out :slight_smile: