Add support for Levoit Classic 300S Smart Ultrasonic Top-Fill Cool Mist Humidifier in the VeSync integration

OMG I almost broke my brain, trying to understand, what you mean. :slight_smile:
Please, be more specific in the future.

As far as I know, you can’t tune hysteresis in auto mode. Nor in HA, or in official app.
But with power of Home Assistant, you can achieve same result with automation - just turn on humidifier on manual mode, when humidity is lower than you want, and turn off on desired threshold.

1 Like

oh sorry that wasn’t my intention :rofl: that’s right, how stupid am I because I could have figured it out myself :rofl: Thanks

1 Like

good, I have deleted the integration, I have restarted HA and installed the one that you put me but the humidifier still does not appear. Do I have to install any library apart from the plugin?

Did you install integration via settings - devices&services - integrations?

Please describe your steps. Either you’re doing something wrong, or your device isn’t supported.

First install the official component from home assistant integrations, the humidifier did not recognize me, uninstall the component. restart home assistant and install the component that you have posted and the humidifier does not recognize me either

Did you restart again after installing the custom component?

yes i restarted

worked like charm!

Just to had figure out where to put the repo. In my case on Debian 11:

/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant

create folder

custom_components

and add repo to:

/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/custom_components

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Great work! I like the look. If you have time would you please re-post your code with ``` between? I can’t seem to get the spacing right.

TIA

Why do I keep getting these errors?

That’s a pyvesync library error - sometimes VeSync API is too slow to give back data in time. Everyone with devices, that use new API endpoints (Classic 300S among them) has this log time to time.

Hello,

Nice feature, can you also try add lv600s ? :wink:

Why not integrated directly on official integration ?

Quentin

1 Like

I never had a chance to make it into HA repository: I’m too lazy to meet all criteria…

i am currently using the VeSyncFormatBCE so i could add my levoit Classic 300S to HA. does your HACS installable one work for this humidifier as well or is your for something else?

Hello,

I’ve added the custom integration @formatBCE shared and everything seems to work but I don’t see my device, a Classic 300S Humidifier.

These are the only logs I see:

➜  ha dcl --tail 100000  home-assistant | grep vesync
home-assistant  | 2023-01-20 19:55:39 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.vesync.fan] Humidifier - Unknown device type - Classic300S
home-assistant  | 2023-01-20 19:58:47 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.vesync.fan] Humidifier - Unknown device type - Classic300S
home-assistant  | 2023-01-20 20:06:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.vesync.fan] Humidifier - Unknown device type - Classic300S
home-assistant  | 2023-01-20 20:10:12 DEBUG (SyncWorker_4) [pyvesync.helpers] [post] calling '/cloud/v1/user/login' api
home-assistant  | 2023-01-20 20:10:16 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [pyvesync.helpers] [post] calling '/cloud/v1/deviceManaged/devices' api
home-assistant  | 2023-01-20 20:10:21 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [pyvesync.vesync] New device list initialized
home-assistant  | 2023-01-20 20:10:21 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [pyvesync.helpers] [post] calling '/cloud/v2/deviceManaged/bypassV2' api

And the integration looks like this:
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 20.20.49

The Humidifier works correctly with the App, and it’s connected to the same Wifi as the HA server.

I’m pretty new to HA, so I might be missing something. Any additional steps I need to perform?

Thanks a lot in advance!

The fact, that you see icon in your integration setup, says, that you use default integration.

Delete integration config completely, reboot, install custom via HACS, reboot, add integration (choose custom one from list!)

when choosing the integration, you can see the little box icon on the right, next to the cloud, showing it’s coming from a custom integration.

1 Like

I’m not able to tell from the thread – is the Dual 200S supported?

Hi! Yes, it should work fine.

I submitted a PR that represents the collected works from a number of contributors and I’m trying to get the core integration improved.

@formatBCE, you seen to have a lot of experience with this integration, perhaps there is a way to get your improvements mainstreamed after we get this PR accepted?