Add support for Levoit Classic 300S Smart Ultrasonic Top-Fill Cool Mist Humidifier in the VeSync integration

To make it clearer, what I meant was:
1- remove any core integration instance
2- reboot
3- install HACS version
4- reboot
5- add integration searching for “vesync” in the integration panel

Then as they share the same domain, the custom integration will be added in place of the core one.
This can be confirmed after installation with the small orange icon:

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have the time to keep maintaining the custom integration… I’m looking for someone to take it from here. In the meantime, the integration will stay as is without any further development…
Sorry for the inconvenience…
If anyone is interested in taking over, please contact me so I can transfer ownership of the repo!

Cheers.

2 Likes

That’s why I prefer using custom names for custom integrations…

@chuckdeal97 Is it okay if I take another crack at using your code to create a core PR? Would you be interested in assisting if I can make progress on getting approvals?

My plan is try to take code owner of the core integration and submit just test coverages to start. If this gets accepted I will do small improvements over time. Using your large PR as a base.

The start of this: Add codeowner to vesync by cdnninja · Pull Request #104809 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

1 Like

Has anyone been able to set child lock on 300S Air Purifier? My cats love to stand on the thing and keep turning it off :scream_cat:

Hi @formatBCE
I have a Levoit Core 300s which is suppose to be supported by pyvesync & Vesync integration but after i take a look at the repo
(pyvesync/src/pyvesync/vesyncfan.py at 7f49c643d703d37755da41295a4f7a9c8ec456c9 · webdjoe/pyvesync · GitHub)
i managed to get the models from vesycn cloud: LAP-C301S-WAAA
seem like the models that i have is not yet added to the list of regconized models for Core300s, could you help me support it on your repo ? i also attach the api call

Hello!
It looks like same old 300 model, but with slightly different model version.
If you push pyvesync devs to all your model into Core300s section, it will become supported automatically in next pyvesync. Then it will be as easy as update pyvesync version in my repo to bring it into HA. At least it looks like it.

I’m away from keyboard for next week, will check it closer when return home.

1 Like