Adding a value from one device to another

Hey! First time post here.

I’ve just managed to get my ElectricQ Air Conditioner into Home Assistant via the Tuya integration. However, the model I have doesn’t actually show the ‘current temperature’. I do have another sensor in the same room (sensor.lyric_064549_current_temperature) and I was wondering if I could add the value of that sensor into the configuration for the AC unit? Here’s the values I have currently:

hvac_modes:
  - 'off'
  - heat
  - cool
  - dry
  - fan_only
  - auto
min_temp: 16
max_temp: 88
target_temp_step: 0.5
current_temperature: null
temperature: 19
current_humidity: 0
friendly_name: Air Conditioner
supported_features: 1

I’ve been able to set a standard value for it via customising:

customize:
    # Add an entry for each entity that you want to overwrite.
    climate.office_ac:
      current_temperature: 20

However, I’m wondering how I can ‘call’ the temperature value from inside here? I’ve tried just adding in the sensor name but having no luck. For example…

customize:
    # Add an entry for each entity that you want to overwrite.
    climate.office_ac:
      current_temperature: ("sensor.lyric_064549_current_temperature")

Should I be doing this another way? Or somewhere else? Quite new to this so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

The main reason I’d like to do this is when I add the AC into HomeKit, it displays the current temperature on the tile. When this is ‘null’ it just defaults to 21C.

So if I could leverage another temperature sensor for this value that’d be great!

Sorry, this is not possible.

It’s annoying. My AC unit shows the ducted system temperature (in the roof) but I would really like to show the room temperature that the unit actually uses for switching decisions.

Ah! That’s a shame. Thanks!

Do you know if it’s possible to replicate the functionality of my Tuya AC via something like the generic thermostat? I’ve had a play around and can pull in the current temperature, but not sure how I’d setup everything else?

I would have suggested the generic thermostat except it is for heating OR cooling. Not both.

There is this third party integration that may be of interest:

1 Like

Perfect. Will take a look! Thanks!