Adding support for sinope light switch and dimmer

Ok I’ve uploaded my code on git

Hi @claudegel,

I’m using your component. Some of my Sinope light switches are triggering other light or outlet. However, I notice some delay…about 10 second for home assistant to notice when I open and close the light.

Do you see the same behaviour on your side ? Also, the component does not seem to work properly if I use the “SCAN INTERVAL” property. I wanted to set it to 2 seconds. (See : https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/platform_options/)

Any thought ?

If home assistant scan the device every 30 sec. then it is normal to have a delay if you open a light and before HA notice the action. In theory, if you open a light just after HA finish the scan it will take 30sec before the change is reported.
A scan interval of 2 second is pretty small especially if you have many switch, dimmer and thermostats. The default scan interval is 30 sec. I’ve set mine to 20 sec but if I go lower then that I start getting message about update getting over xxx sec. I’m working on a way to bypass neviweb and speak directly to the web interface in that case it could be pretty fast to update the different switch and dimmer.

Wow. Byepassing Neviweb to be faster would be so nice. Is there any way we can support you ? Maybe buy you a few beer ?

I really like the design of the Sinope switch compare to wimo and tp-link swich. I have the 3 at home.

Hi, I’ve added some more feature to sinope switch if you want to try. Set_mode and alarm state. To be used with automation

Since it also concerns Sinopé light switch and dimmer, see my post on this other thread:

I’ve updated my git to reflect new files structure for Neviweb custom_component according to HA 0.88
Please test and let me know

Great news. I’ve uploaded to my git my work on direct connection to the GT125. I’ve started a new branch just for direct connection to the GT125.
I’ve implemented all command to the GT125. Data read request to get information from devices. Data write request to send data to devices and data report request to broadcast info to all devices like date, time, away mode etc.
It work for all device type. I already implemented all command for the thermostat and I can add what we need for switch, dimmer and power control.
It is exploratory work to find out how it work but the worst is done so we can start to code to link it to HA. Wright now it work in terminal mode (manualy) and I can get data from any devices, write data to any devices and broadcast information to any devices.
I hope you will like it. It’s just the beginning. Have fun

I’m happy to announce that my Sinope custom component is working for direct connection to GT125 for all devices type. Have fun

This weekend I’ve added support for the HACS component. For that I need to split sinope-1 into two separate repo. One for neviweb and one for sinope. This way it will be possible to install them or update via HACS.
Ok I’ve done the changes for HACS support. it will soon appear in the HACS custom components list.
To add neviweb custom component look for claudegel/sinope-1
To add sinope custom component look for claudegel/sinope-gt125
please backup your devices.json file in case it is overwritten by the update :slight_smile:
From now on the config file devices.json will be copied outside sinope custom component directory to insure that new update won’t overwrite it. Copy your devices.json to
/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/.storage/sinope_devices.json
After update via HACS all files will read config from there and new install will copy devices.json to that location. .storage dir is not modified by any HA update.

Today I’ve setup first commit for Sinope-130 custom component to manage GT130 device via neviweb. As I don’t have all devices on my network and Sinopé is too buzzy to provide information I need tester that have Zigbee devices with the GT130 to test and find out each devices type number.
You can install this custom component via hacs, sinope-130. Your connected devices will appear in the log along with there type number. Please send me the type number for each devices you have so I can update this component.
Later I’ll provide a component for direct connect to GT130. Work in progress…
Thank you,

New custom component for Neviweb GT130 devices access is online in beta version. Sinopé still need to finish the development of there Zigbee devices so for now MODE setup is not active.
As I don’t have all Zigbee devices on my GT130, I cannot test all of them. The custom component work for thermostats, lights and switch.
As opposed to the Neviweb gt125 devices. Sinopé do not use a device type number to differentiate each devices but instead it use a model number. As of now I don’t have all devices model number to complete the setup of the component. I have TH1123ZB, TH1124ZB, TH1300ZB, SW2500ZB, DM2500ZB, RM3250ZB and WL4200 model number. If you have other devices please send me the model number if you can.
The component is not already available on HACS. It need some review. For now you can setup in your community -> configuration a personalized depot: claudegel/sinope-130
This will allow a simple install and easy update.
This component can be run along with the neviweb and sinope component.
Have fun