Adding Tilt to the Hunter Douglas PowerView Cover integration (Luxaflex)

Folks, please read this thread: PowerView API // Shade capabilities table · Issue #16 · sander76/aio-powerview-api · GitHub
If the table is missing your type/capability just let them know, this would be required before any change to HA.

1 Like

Thanks @pessorrusso, I’ve read that thread and both my types are there 6 (Duette) and 8 (Duette Top Down Bottom Up)

Great to see the additional interest here :+1:

The offer for a fairly and reasonable paid consultancy project is still open from my side. I just have not yet found any regular home-assistant contributors that has the time to take this on. If there is someone that has an interest and experience in (professional) contributing to home-assistant, send them my way!

I have the hunter douglas pirouette and would also love to see the ability to not just open and close but to control the vanes through HA.

Unfortunately I cannot solve your request directly. However I can tell you that on openHAB we have already implemented support for dual motor shades (i.e. those with independent rail position and tilt actions, or those with top down and bottom up rail positions). And if any of the home-assistant developers want to “borrow” from that code, they can see it HERE.

1 Like

@Kingy444 How can I help to get these features into the integration? I’ve python experience, but not worked on anything HA related before.

Just had a bit of a hold up because of an RMA on a motherboard

Shouldn’t be too much longer mate - 95% of the code updates are done - just making some adjustments based on the teams requests

Had to build the development environment on an old laptop so it’s a bit of a slower process than on the 5900x lol

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Really appreciate your efforts!

Hi Todd,

Appreciating the work you’ve put in here! I too have Type 8. Is it possible for you to share your config with me to try it out myself?

I had hoped to have the work submitted so put off replying but the team have requested further changes - that being said it works fine in current state (I just need to align with their design methodology)

Unfortunately that could add a couple weeks (hopefully not) but that’s being realistic finding the time

It’s not so much a config, you need to add it as a custom component manually.
What I’ve done was remove the core, and add as a custom integration only.
Are you comfortable with that process?

You would just need to delete the custom component once it’s in core and reset up the integration

1 Like

Thanks for the reaction Todd. I have dabbled with some custom components, so not afraid to give it a try! But I can wait as well, no worries. Am currently still using scenes, but would be great to map an Ikea Zigbee controller to my blinds :slight_smile:

One limitation currently is you can’t move both top and bottom together as I have no way to store and control that in HA (the call itself is pretty straight forward)

I personally only control one or the other anyway so finding a workaround hasn’t been top priority but interested if others move both the top and bottom at same time?

I usually just lower the top to keep privacy but let light in

Rarely do I move them at the same time (not via a Scene). I use it in my bedroom where my desk is and during the day the top is down like 50% and bottom is up for 40% (setting ‘Work’) so that when I’m sitting I still have some privacy left. I have another setting called ‘Privacy’ where the top is almost all the way up and the bottom one is still at the same height.

But it would help tremendously if we’re able to move the top down at all within HA!

Thanks for the update and the efforts Todd! Personally I don’t need to move both top and bottom at the same time.

@carpaij @JDFS404 @PMPoulsen @wkearney99

Have had a pretty busy personal life lately and havent gotton around to finishing this off completely for core integration - functionality is fine as the integration creates two seperate entities but some of the recent changes requested may have busted something here or there so would be great for some testing other than my own

if you put the contents of the zip above into custom_components the integration should work - i would advise uninstalling the core integration first

edit: Apr 1 (No April Fools promise) - Added first iteration of TILT

Thanks so much Todd and I will try to test! I get a Error Config flow could not be loaded: [object Object] error when I added the folder to my custom_components folder. Somebody else better luck?

Edit: I deleted the Powerview integration in Home Assistant, keeps discovering when restarting HA. But I ignored that, and try to set up the custom integration but got this error.

looks like my bad in rushing as a custom for you - i will reupload shortly

EDIT: Should be working now

Ok just requested access to your Drive… Let me know once you can approve it :slight_smile:

i just disabled the link while it was broken - new version uploaded that ive tested locally and is working now

let me know if you have errors as I’m seeing some to do with hub timeout on my end (and unsure if i am the only one)

1 Like

Thanks! Have been testing it for some hours now and it all works correctly by now (have the V2 hub). I am planning on using ControllerX to map one of my IKEA controllers to the Luxaflex - will let you know how that’s going to work.