Adding Zigbee gateways to Home Assistant

I just installed Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi 5 (Samsung SSD) with the Sonoff Dongle E.
I can see my IKEA Trådløs gateway, and I have Zigbee2mqtt running as well (I guess the gateway is found in my network, just like all my other stuff - wireless and cable).
What bothers me is that my 3 Zigbee Gateways also on my network (WiFi) is not found and I am not able to integrate with those. I can’t understand why Home Assistant has no integration for this scenario?
I of course bought gateways first but advanced to Home Assistant when me needles mandated it.
I have one LK (Schneider Electric) Wiser Hub and two FESH gateways. I can add the FESH gateways to the Wiser one if I want and control all devices on the FESH from the Wiser app and vice versa, but they cannot be added to Home Assistant?
I live in a house with 5 floors so the use case is not an odd one. Having a Zigbee gateway (coordinator) on each floor and have them all be connected to Home Assistant to be the overall controller.
Are there anyone doing a similar setup currently?

I guess the integration with the gateways would have to be over Ethernet as this is the way the other gateway can see each other.

The FESH gateway is really a nice piece of hardware. Very small and white and just plugs into mains and sits there with a pale green LED to indicate it is on. And it is cheap as well and works like a charm. The software is just not very advanced and requires a cloud connection.

Is there any support for this in HA or are there plans to support multiple gateway other than IKEA Tråløs (which is obsolete now)?

Hello again. :grin:

I can’t find any reference to Schneider Electric or Wiser or FESH in the docs, so presumably there are no integrations for these and you won’t be able to use them with Home Assistant. I may have missed something, but the list is here is you want to have a look:

If they are Zigbee gateways, what you should be able to do is remove all the devices from them and pair those devices with your Sonoff controller using Z2M. The Schneider Electric, Wiser and FESH gateways would no longer be needed. Even better, get rid of the IKEA gateway too and put all your devices in one big network.

This will give you a much stronger network than spreading the devices between five gateways. By the sound of it you will need it in a 5-storey house.

As I said in response to your other post, a Zigbee network can only have one coordinator,

Lots of useful information here:

1 Like