Admin only access for Logbook and History menus

+1 from my side

1 Like

+1 please add this, a lot of people in our community would really appreciate this!!

1 Like

Too bad this is necessary. I can’t quite understand why low hanging fruits like this aren’t yet implemented with so many users asking for it.
Permissions are such an important feature and basics like this could be an easy start.
Your solution works for me though. Thank you for sharing. :slight_smile:

Btw: History and logbook can still be viewed for the entities a user has access to via a dashboard when clicking on the details of an entity, but at least the query time frame is limited to 24h mostly.

It already helps me to hide logbook and map for plain users.

2 Likes

+1
any update on this topic, or they just ignored it.

1 Like

Another +1 here. I went to try and do this today and couldn’t believe this wasn’t a built in feature. I want to completely restrict sidebar access for one user.

1 Like

can’t believe this still isn’t implemented :confused:
I really wish I could give access to my HA instance to different people with different permissions, e.g.:

• gardeners - only outdoor gate control
  • pool guy - gate + pool cover and water monitoring
  • cleaning lady - gate + garage + alarm
2 Likes

+1
I want to give my neighbor access to solar and weather station information but nothing else. As of to today he can still access all data through the history and logbook dashboard!

2 Likes

This is “Working as Intended”. No reasonable person would give access to their weather data, but want to withhold their GPS location, open/closed status of their toilet seat, or the vibration sensor under your matress. /s

1 Like

This is quite funny that nobody from developers don’t see it as a security risk. I was aware of this flaw but wasn’t much paying attention to it but one day my ex-girlfriend showed me that the threat is much more dangerous than i thought.

Guessing it was Girlfriend at the time… lol. Quite the salient example.

Alright. Another 2 months have passed w/o any news?

Well, this doesn’t solve the security issue, but at least the UI issue.

If you don’t mind doing it on each client computer, simply click and hold the “Home Assistant” title in the left bar for 3-4 seconds. That changes the mode so you can move or hide items in the left bar. There are a few limitations, but most can be hidden!

Note that the user can re-enable them or see them if they log in from another client.