ADT Pulse integration

I’m trying to install this integration but when following the instructions I don’t see any “fingerprint” showing up in the developer tool logs in Chrome when I sign in.

Anyone have this type of issue before and how did you resolve it?

Thanks.

Have you enabled 2FA on your ADT Pulse account?

It is by default now. I did it with receiving a text message. Do you need to force it to be 2-factor all the time? The way it is set up I get the text message for 2-factor whenever a new device is used.

The fingerprint should show up when you have logged in using 2FA and saved the browser for future logins.

Are these the instructions you followed?

1. Open a Chrome browser tab
  2. Open Developer Tools (using ViewDeveloperDeveloper Tools menu)
  3. Click on the Network tab (make sure Preserve log checkbox is checked)
  4. In the filter box, enter signin.jsp
  5. Go to ADT Pulse Portal (https://portal.adtpulse.com) and login to your account
  6. Click on the network call (beginning with signin.jsp) appearing in the DevTools window
  7. In the Headers tab, under Form Data, copy the entire fingerprint (after fingerprint:, do not include spaces)
1 Like

Yes, exactly. I even did it a second time using a different computer that I had to authenticate. No where does the fingerprint show up in the developer tools menu. It has 2 items that have signin.jsp and I looked in both of them.

I’m having problems adding the binary sensors from this integration into a group. Unfortunately, the group status is rendering as ‘unknown’:

Here is my groups.yaml file:

When I combine the Binary Sensors using a template I get the correct result:

Here is the template:

I think groups may not be working due to some transformation this integration is making. Does anyone know how to get groups to render the correct state?

I have the ADT Command/Control (Commander) system [they use different names in different documents]. When I got this system they claimed it was the future for ADT. Later, they had so much trouble with it they continued with the Pulse system with upgrades. So, I am stuck with the Commander system. I wish I could use the ADT Pulse integration. Does anyone know a path for me to get some of the features the Pulse Community has made possible?
Thanks for any suggestions, Doug :grinning:

How do you change the scan interval? In my (add on) configuration page, I tried setting scan_interval to 300, in case it was seconds; then I tried 300000, in case it was milliseconds but either case, the calls to ADT API kept going on at a rate of one every 5 seconds.

This didn’t work for me, either. The only way I could get the fingerprint key was by enabling Developer Options in my Android phone, then plugging it to my computer and using Chrome Developer Tools to debug the phone. Once I logged in to ADT, using the ADT Phone App, the fingerprint key was sent across and I was able to capture it.

Hi,

I’ve been using the ADT integration for a month or 2 (not the MQTT one).

The logs occasionally complain about too much polling, and various other warnings. No big deal, but it seems from scanning this thread, ADT isn’t thrilled with short polling times.

I was wondering if anyone has tried these non-polling methods:

1. ADT Pulse can send emails based on events. Perhaps using the IMAP integration would be useful (ok, you’d be polling your IMAP server)
  2. Alexa routines, which could call scripts on HA to update sensors (maybe via MQTT?)

These methods would get around all the pulse authentication and polling issues.

— Rob

Thank you for this. I was having a hard time obtaining the fingerprint using the add-on configuration, some of the chrome options must have changed. I followed these steps and was able to get the fingerprint. Working fine!

1 Like

Thanks @rlippmann and @sbabcock23 for making changes to pyadtpulse and hass-adtpulse. They have some more great things coming.

1 Like

I’ve been busy squishing bugs on the async version of the HA ADT Pulse Integration, but it’s almost ready.

Besides being async, it will be push instead of poll (ok, technically in the background it’s doing a lightweight poll, which is what the Pulse website/app also does), so updates will be pretty much instantaneous.

Also, force arming will be supported.

I’ve also been working to reverse engineer the 2 factor authentication mechanism. I think I might have it, though.

In the meantime, I made an easier way to find out your browser fingerprint.

Simply go to this link and you should be able to see the fingerprint (which beats having to figure out your browser developer tools).

This should work for the MQTT integration and the Homebridge integration as well.

I’ve been looking at integrating cameras, which should be possible as ADT uses a Janus WebRTC server, but trying to do it in Python looks like a huge pain. If anyone has any experience with Janus, I would appreciate any help.

2 Likes

@rlippmann This is huge! Looking forward to the updates thanks so much for the hard work on this.

0.2.6 update resolved all issues and integration is now active again for me.

2FA is included on my login. I used the “Fingerprint Browser Detector” as mentioned with success.

Entity state changes are also pretty much instant. Maybe 1 or 2 sec delay.

Current HA setup is below:

ADT Pulse integration (0.2.6) installed via HACS

Proxmox VE 7.4-3 on a i5 Lenovo M710q mini PC. 128SSD 16gig RAM

Home Assistant 2023.5.2
Supervisor 2023.04.1
Operating System 10.1
Frontend 20230503.3 - latest

Going to rebuild my alarm dashboard but for the time being, all entities are showing up.

THANK YOU! @rlippmann @ryans and anyone else who has worked on this.

You’re welcome. Is anyone else trying this? I could use more feedback on how it’s working outside of my site.

I would use this if I knew a safe way to load it. last time I tried it messed me up.
Are there instructions anywhere?

Does this work with an ADT+ system? (Not ADT Pulse). I received the system as a replacement for the Nest Secure system, and was hoping to tie it into my HA setup.

Probably not.

Are there any plans to update this integration? Or the pyadtpulse 1.1?