Aeon Labs Minimote

Mine is surviving across reboots. I had to reset the Minimote (hold 2 bottom buttons for the one I paired), then add it via OZW and immediately switch the config from group to scene. Once I did that, I could see button presses showing up in OZW. Then I rebooted and it worked.

1 Like

You can also see the log from the web interface. Under Developer tools menu click the circle with the i in it (last icon). You may need to refresh the page after a button push to see the log entry.

Right, but that’s the error log, not the log that’d show scene buttons being pressed.

You are correct. I have my HA logger set to info, so I do get more than errors.

This didn’t do anything for me. I just get:
– Logs begin at Sun 2016-10-02 16:15:08 EDT. –

And nothing else.
I also tried the -f switch (at the end after @hass)

The reason I was trying to view the log (above) was that I “lost” my Minimote this morning after adding a new Zwave device. I used the rename function in OZW, so I had to copy over my zwcfg_xxx.xml to my .homeassistant folder.

I looked at the XML and noticed that the node definition for the remote’s node was vastly simplified compared to what it had been previously.

I was able to get the remote to come back by re-adding it in OZW. I didn’t exclude it, I just added it, then made sure that I switched from group to scene. It kept the same node ID and everything started working agian.

Does that mean that I need to wake my remotes each time I add a new device via OZW?

I don’t see anything when I do this. The log never updates. Do I need to turn on some level of logging in HASS for this to work?

Just added another minimote and can’t figure out it’s name.

Did you add the -f option?

I did, but no luck.

I ended up enabling the logger component and setting it to “info” to get the name of the remote.

FYI, I was unable to set scene mode with OZWCP but succeeded another way.

First, pair your Minimote with the network. I used the Home Assistant Services panel. Choose zwave domain and the add_node service. Click call and then use the Join or Learn button on your Minimote to join the network. Watch OZW_Log.txt for the node id of the remote. Then, use the services panel again, choose zwave domain and set_config_parameter service. Fill in this for the JSON service data, replacing the node_id with the one you observed from the OZW log above.

{"node_id":23,"parameter":250,"size":1,"value":1}

Hold down the Join/Learn button on the remote and quickly click “call”. If all goes well you can see the parameter being set in the home assistant log file. It took me a few tries but eventually worked.

4 Likes

Did you manage to make it work with long press for different scenes ???

- alias: Minimote Button 1 Pressed
  hide_entity: True
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zwave.scene_activated
    event_data:
      object_id: aeotec_dsa03202_minimote_7
      scene_id: 1
  action:
    service: switch.toggle
    entity_id: switch.unknown_id000c_unknown_type4447_id3033_switch_3_0

- alias: Minimote Button 1 Held
  hide_entity: True
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zwave.scene_activated
    event_data:
      object_id: aeotec_dsa03202_minimote_7
      scene_id: 2
  action:
    service: switch.toggle
    entity_id: switch.unknown_id000c_unknown_type4447_id3033_switch_4_0

So basically that only works with the short press the long press scene_id: 2 doesn’t

Any advices ?

I have both short and long presses for all the buttons on my Miniimotes. Nothing special to get the long presses to work. Check your config for spacing / spelling etc.

You should also be able to diagnose from OZWCP. Long presses should show up in the on-screen logging.

1 Like

Tail your OZW_Log.txt file as you long press the button on the minimote. Which scene do you see being activated?

Please can someone help me, I have connected my miniote to OZWCP without any problems, I’m 99% sure I have managed to set it to scene mode, as its appearing the the OZWCP console. But when I restart HASS and press a button on the miniote there is no evidence of it anywhere in the HASS events console. I have tried so many times, and I feel like I’m going MAD.

I followed the video in BRUH’s youtube channel to the letter, apart from adding the config location for OZWCP in my yaml file, as this one doesn’t work, is the config path important? I just removed.

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
config_path: /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config

Here is the output from the OZWCO console,

00:01:47.749 Info, Node003, Received Scene Activation set from node 3: scene id=1 now. Sending event notification.
2017-02-09 00:01:47.749 Detail, Node003, Notification: SceneEvent
2017-02-09 00:01:47.749 Info, Notification: Scene Event Home e95bb835 Node 3 Genre basic Class NO OPERATION Instance 0 Index 0 Type bool Scene Id 1

It looks like you properly got the remote into scene mode, in console you should see a new entry every time you press a button (ie, you’ll get something like “Notification: Scene Event Home e95bb835 Node 3 Genre basic Class NO OPERATION Instance 0 Index 0 Type bool Scene Id 4” if you long press 2)

The config for yaml looks correct, you’ll want to double check that that location exists as that is how HA pulls in your zwave devices.

As for the entity id, I had to restart HA once after it first detected the remote to get it to complete the id (that could have just been what HA did at the time, maybe that’s been fixed). That said, it’ll be something simple like “aeotec_minimote_3” 3 being the node # you see in OZWCP. Just put that into the automation scripts provided by BRUH and your should be all set.

Good luck! You’re almost there!

I just added 3 of them to Hass.
One worked liked a charm and had no issues.

• Stopped Home Assistant
  • Started up openzwave
  • Chose Add Device
  • Changed mode to scene
  • Started hass manually to find the remote name

The other 2, I did the same thing and … nothing…
What finally worked was:

• I did the steps above for each device and made sure they worked in openzwave.
  • Started Hass manually
  • Then in Hass I went to the services tool and choose Domain “zwave”, Service “add_node” and then “CALL SERVICE”
  • Pressed the “Join” button on the remote and viola! I can now see button (scene) presses in the Hass console
  • Did this for the other remote
  • Stopped Hass and restarted using the service

2 Likes

Thanks, I was also able to get the minimote to show up by doing what you suggested

Hi guys. If i wanted to use this just as a dimmer with on/off for my lifx bulbs would i leave it in group mode? And does HA support this remote in group? Thanks

Group mode is where you pair a single switch/dimmer with a single button, outside of HA. Is that what you want?