Aeotec Doorbell 6 - ZW162

Wow, where did you find all of that information?

Do you know of anyway to set the doorbell to send different ring tones and/or events based on which one of two buttons are paired to it?

right now I have two buttons but the sound the same tone and send the same event. It makes it hard to figure out which door someone is at.

HI, lots of google searching!
I’m not sure about the 2 button thing as I only have 1. Perhaps the spec will tell you if that’s a possibility. I’m sure with the notations in the spec you should be able to relate that to my instructions and work out how to do it (if it’s possible).

I Looked at the spec, and it looks like Endpoint 3 is remote 1, and Endpoint 4 is remote 2, so I would assume that individual tones and volumes could be set by specifying the appropriate endpoints when sending commands via Z-Wave to the doorbell6.

I had read the tech manual a while back and saw those endpoints but I wasn’t smart enough :wink: to dig thru the hex codes and break down what parts needed sent for which functions.

Maybe I’ll give it another try when I get a chance.

In case anyone needs, I opened the doorbell button and took some pictures.
I then soldered wires for my actual doorbell button.
Aeotec Doorbell (ZW166) button disassembled

lol… did kind of the same… i fried them aeotec button doing so :slight_smile:

how did you connect it? i wanted to have my doorbell button to do both electrical and doorbell 6 ringing… made a mistake on current predictions