Aeotec MultiSensor 6 - Motion Detection

oki will try

I am probably missing something … will give up for now and try again tommorow … and read the full doc …
Thank you for your patience!

PS: This system of setting up kills my spirit and willingness to try :slight_smile:

If OZW has nothing to send to it, it sends it back to sleep

[quote=“firstof9, post:9, topic:173357”]
Hmmm the manual says it’s suppose to stay awake for 10 mins when you manual wake it… :man_shrugging:
[/quote]my reply was to this.

So set the Param and then wake up.

1 Like

More updates :slightly_smiling_face:
My Aotec6 Binary Report setup does not seem to work no matter what I do … i will send it back.

I tested an AotecTrio and it works out of the box.
Interestingly this one works without the Binary Report ON …
I changed to Binary and motion detection does not work anymore … it seems they made it work by default with the Alarm Type controling the motion sensor … so I switch it back.

Also interesting, while I’ve setup the Trio I noticed in the log the HA is queing the setup messages for it … this does not happen with the Aotec6 … nothing in log if I dont press the buton in the same time …

1 Like

Ah hardware issues, they happen sometimes :frowning:

I’m assuming you ended up returning the device @TheDarthFather? I’m in the same boat with the same device. Did you end up getting another one and did it work any better?

Edit: I was able to get it resolved – the resolution for me was to follow the section in this article which calls for updating parameter 3 to 10, parameter 4 to 5, and then parameter 5 to 2. Updating parameter 3 and parameter 4 is ultimately what fixed it for me – updating parameter 5 by itself did not fix it for me.

1 Like

I did not follow up on the topic since than but …
Yes, I changed later similar with what @bmeissen mentioned and worked.
The default setup is not the way a user imagine it should work … “user-friendly devices” :frowning:
That Burglar entity semed the one to use by all means :slight_smile:

@ TheDarthFather

This was stumping me as well, but thankfully I ran across your thread. After applying the settings stated, the automation works perfectly.

I’m moving away from SmartThings and installed HA on a Synology VM with a Z-Stick 7. So far running smoothly. This was the only hiccup. All things were reporting in except the motion.

I appreciate the guidance. I wish the days were still here of getting deals from The SmartestHouse. 2 Multisensor 6s for $80! Those were the days. 8 years later they’re $15 more each.

1 Like