Aeotec Nano Dimmer switches - HASSIO not reacting to physical switches

Hey folks

I’ve just a whole house full of Aeotec Multisensors, Nano Dimmers and Nano Switches installed.

The sensors and Nano Switches are working fine in HA. The Nano Dimmers are recognised by HA in the Z-Wave config and can be controlled from HA (toggle on/off, etc).

However - the issue is that HA is not reacting to or recognising the dimmer physical switch presses. Nothing happens - nothing changes in the UI, nothing in the logs. This only affects the Dimmers the regular Nano Switches are working perfectly and quickly.

Anyone have any ideas about where I should start to try & troubleshoot this? I have Googled and searched these forums extensively but could not find anything conclusive. I really hope this isn’t a major a compatibility issue and I didn’t just sink a tonne of money into a dud product/software combo.

Thanks in advance!

So I’m going to reply to my own post with the solution that I found in case anyone in the future has the same issue.

The Aeotec Nano Switches and Nano Dimmers need to be configured in line with this thread: Aeotec Nanodimmer not firing events when triggered from switch

What this means is that “Parameter 80” (Notification report association group 1) on the Aeotec switches needs to be set to “Basic”. Doing so has instantly fixed the issues I was having with the dimmers described in my OP & has also fixed some inconsistent behaviour with the normal, non-dimmable Aeotec switches.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this!
Sorry if this is out of topic but I am currently thinking of going full aeotec dimmers or full fibaro dimmers for my new house. I will be using an aeotec gen5+ zwave stick and I was thinking maybe its better to go with the aeotec dimmers as they are the same brand.

What are your thoughts on these dimmers? Do they still work fine? Do you have any issues with them?

Hey Chris

I’ve gone full Aeotec for my entire house. Over a year so far and not a single issue. I have over 60 nodes - dimmers, switches, etc.

Just my 2 cents…
The dimmers work fine (have 20 of them) in my house, except:

1. Some LED TL-lighting doesn’t seem to like the dimmer (even though it’s fixed at 99/99 min and max brightness), when I turn it off it turns back on immediately at a 33% chance :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. With IKEA dimmable LED lights there is some flickering, even using a bypass doesn’t fully fix the issue.

For the rest, they’re doing great :slight_smile: